NeilR

Muppetry

No prizes for guessing what happened in stupidity corner this morning!!

7777803af80167d5558d9512dc50278b.jpg

On the plus side though...beautiful mound!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got back into the house this morning after walking the dogs.  Popped crumpets into the toaster - set to cremate.

Cleaned the group on the L1, coffee ground - 16.1g so near enough 16 for me.

Cup warmed and on the scales, pf tamped and in place

Pulled the lever down, drips in the cup so I released the lever

BANG !!!  pf hit the scales, cup hit the floor and smashed, coffee grounds and water everywhere, scales covered in water and not working

I can only think that I didn't fully lock the pf in place

Now to clean the rest of the mess

• Sad 3

a grinder a lever and some beans

Posted (edited)

It must be lever lunacy day - put mine in before tamping 🙄

Edited by MildredM
  • Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

It must be lever lunacy day - put mine in before tamping
15 for 150g in 10s?

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

9 minutes ago, Hasi said:

15 for 150g in 10s? emoji23.png

Yes! And do you know, there wasn’t any crema😂😂😂

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Yes! And do you know, there wasn’t any crema

as 'long' as it tasted great...

tumblr_lwbnkqwS6t1qc8b1uo1_500.jpg

who cares?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Preparing to prepare two espresso shots after lunch, I rearranged stuff on cup warmer so that espresso cups are front most. Odd, me thinks, someone put the milk jug on there upright and not facing down, as usual*. In an attempt to correct positioning Hasi nimbly flicks this jug around but WHAT THE FORKING HECK!! There's milk in it!!!

Well there WAS milk in it.

Spilled everywhere, wall, worktop, bean storage, onto the machine, and Jesus H Christ into them vents

Would have had other plans tonight than cleaning Rocket intestines...
I spare you any imagery as it would include reflexions of my mad, mad face!

*one cold jug resting on worktop to steam milk in and one hot jug to pour steamed milk into for homogenisation...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

says Hasi.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hasi said:

Preparing to prepare two espresso shots after lunch, I rearranged stuff on cup warmer so that espresso cups are front most. Odd, me thinks, someone put the milk jug on there upright and not facing down, as usual*. In an attempt to correct positioning Hasi nimbly flicks this jug around but WHAT THE FORKING HECK!! There's milk in it!!!

Well there WAS milk in it.

Spilled everywhere, wall, worktop, bean storage, onto the machine, and Jesus H Christ into them vents emoji44.pngemoji44.pngemoji44.png

Would have had other plans tonight than cleaning Rocket intestines... emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png
I spare you any imagery as it would include reflexions of my mad, mad face!

*one cold jug resting on worktop to steam milk in and one hot jug to pour steamed milk into for homogenisation...

Try not to be so organised and tidy (OCD) 🤓

Edited by Nicknak
  • Like 1

Early morning, tired and not concentrating. Measured beans in one hand, freshly ground coffee in the niche beaker in the other. Guess which went into the hopper...

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

On 09/06/2019 at 19:04, RobbieTheTruth said:

I sometimes run my Nespresso when there is no water in the tank.......

Tastes better that way :)

• Like 1

Sage DTP | Santos #4

Tastes better that way
I've already tried to figure out what the muppetish aspect is, running a N******so or forgetting to fill it... :exit:
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

says Hasi.

There is a joystick operated steam valve on my Vesuvius, quite easy to knock when preparing your next tasty beverage, which I do regularly and SHIT myself each time! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2017 Rancilio Silvia + Rocky

2018 Rancilio Silvia + modded SJ

2019 ACS Vesuvius sequential warm up, IMS 18g Basket + modded SJ

22 minutes ago, MrOrk said:

There is a joystick operated steam valve on my Vesuvius, quite easy to knock when preparing your next tasty beverage, which I do regularly and SHIT myself each time! 

Know that feeling☺️

• Like 1

Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux /Eureka Zenith 65E / Rancilio Rocky 2015 / Torr goldfinger 58.55 sharp edge

IMG_0013.thumb.jpg.b8eeced74df9c021827645d038f1c454.jpg

I was doing a v60 brew and after the first pour noticed what looked like a massive floating clump bouncing around in the brew. So I try pouring over it during the next pour to try and break it up but it seemed to hold together no matter how much I poured directly onto it. So I then tried giving it a little agitation with a spoon to break it up and it felt super hard. I then scoop it out and I had a whole unground bean just floating around in my v60!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Beans>Grinders>Machines

I backflushed my Gaggia Classic with coffee today after deciding I could make one without my specs and picking up the wrong basket.

After ten seconds of complaining from the pump I thought ‘I don’t remember tamping hard...’

• Like 2

I definitely chucked out the filter rinse water from my v60 this morning before brewing.

Yep.

Nothing to see here. 

Everything's fine. 

• Like 2

Came home this this...does it count? Must've been some stuck up the chute 😅

20190617_192450.jpg

36 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

Came home this this...does it count? Must've been some stuck up the chute 😅

20190617_192450.jpg

A bad cold with a nasty cough? Early night and a hottie for your Niche 😊

• Haha 1

Double whammy today.

My only excuse is that incident one was early in the morning!

Incident 1 - grind, prep, tamp. Pull shot - gushes everywhere. As it's only the 4th or 5th time I used the 15g VST I assume it was just my prep so throw the espresso away.

Grind, prep, tamp. Gushy mcgusherson ensues... Then, I click.... I changed between beans the night before. Literally the definition of schoolboy error.

Incident 2. Get home from work, grind, weigh. 17.1 g... OK I'll just stick it in a 18g VST as they say the grind is roughly the same between 15 and 18g VST baskets. In the basket... Wow that seems really, really full. Overflowing full.

Empty basket back into shaker, yep 17g back in pf. Overfilled and some swept into bin.

Doesn't feel right but hey-ho on I go. 17:40 in 90 seconds ... Hmmm something definitely not right.

Look at the scales... Ah....

17 dwt.... Not grams. That'll be 26.5 grams in a 18g basket then!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Only gone  and left my O2 dripper at home, I'm away for a week usually take my kalita. Anyone out there that could lend me one Liverpool/Manchester

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

You're going to like this one (hopefully)

I was preparing a shot today but rushing, weighed out the beans, grinded etc, locked in the portafilter and switched on with scale in place, anticipating the gentle drips of the delicious thick liquid. Instead I got horrible watery brown fast drips with hardly any pressure, stopped the shot, 😕wtf? Oh, I forgot to tamp!!!! 😔 how could I do this?

I'm normally all about the prep too, I didn't even give my leveller a spin.

I feel like I've let myself down and let the whole forum down. 😞🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

On 23/06/2019 at 19:00, Jony said:

Only gone  and left my O2 dripper at home, I'm away for a week usually take my kalita. Anyone out there that could lend me one Liverpool/Manchester

Just invite yourself to a nearby forumite for a drink and a chat (I'm about 40 mins from you by the way....)

• Like 1

Sage DTP | Santos #4

Which way, I am back now in the SW.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

1 hour ago, Jony said:

Which way, I am back now in the SW.

Note to self - CHECK THE POST DATE!!!!

I'm a bit far away from you now (Preston).... but if you find yourself this way again, feel free to say hi :)

Sage DTP | Santos #4