• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely^

I've knocked myself together a fixed wheel MTB just for the fun of it, did a small 10m route yesterday morning into Oxford along the Thames and back to my Parents' on the road.

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

I ride every day. Two cappuccinos then a 35-40 minute rural commute to work. Usually on fixed gear. Will be breaking out one of the carbon road bikes for a ride on Saturday, a loop from Oxford through Gloucestershire and the Forest of Dean, Welsh border, then back over the Severn Bridge to Oxford via Wiltshire.

Probably won't do much on Sunday.

My cycling is mainly for transport rather than leisure but I love my 6 mile commute on my fixed gear. I've been cycling in London for 5 years now and would always choose a rainy cycle over a packed tube or bus!

Roy & Alex & The Maestro & Herman ze Hausgrind

When the weather is warmer I cycle to and from the gym every day , amounts to about 16 miles a week - thats all it takes to get lean for the summer, keeping everthing else the same....

As of this weekend I will be dusting off the On-One Inbred 853

@garydyke1

I ride every day. Two cappuccinos then a 35-40 minute rural commute to work. Usually on fixed gear. Will be breaking out one of the carbon road bikes for a ride on Saturday, a loop from Oxford through Gloucestershire and the Forest of Dean, Welsh border, then back over the Severn Bridge to Oxford via Wiltshire.

Probably won't do much on Sunday.

Sounds awesome, was lovely weather on Saturday! I headed back to Oxford on the train from Bristol and cycled a 40 mile trip with my mate who wants to start cycling to work.

Where in Oxford did you touch on?

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Had a fixed-wheel blast tonight, 22 miles in 1hr 15 mins on the Bristol-Bath cycle path. Acheived 18 miles in 61 minutes which is a PB for me i'm fairly sure!

Had a fixed-wheel blast tonight, 22 miles in 1hr 15 mins on the Bristol-Bath cycle path. Acheived 18 miles in 61 minutes which is a PB for me i'm fairly sure!

Good going, never ridden a fixed wheel but would like to try it.

Need to find out why my right legs hamstring is tightening after any trip over 30 miles, have 2 separate 100 mile cycles I plan but can't even get to 40 miles without my leg being in agony.

Sounds awesome, was lovely weather on Saturday! I headed back to Oxford on the train from Bristol and cycled a 40 mile trip with my mate who wants to start cycling to work.

Where in Oxford did you touch on?

Out from Peartree roundabout to Stow via foggy lanes. Fucking freezing at 6am. Back via lanes from Membury then up a big road in central Oxford that lead north back to the roundabout. After 200 miles I wasn't paying much attention :)

It's probably your position on the bike. Saddle too low?

Probably a good shout, will adjust and try harder.

Christ didnt realise your Saturday trip was as long, how on earth do you even train for that kinda distance?

• 1 year later...

Decided to revive this old thread. I finally got to ride my Fuji on Friday and it was super exciting! I hadn't ridden it since September last year. I'll now have to balance my two hobbies as I will have more time for cycling :D I'd really want to ride at least one brevet this year but I need to lose quite a lot of weight first!

At nearly 43 i am now a Brompton M3R rider and really enjoy it. Been riding bikes all my life, used a Eddy Merckx roadbike for 10 years or so and a specialized MTB for nearly 15 years roughing it in Forest of Dean nearly every weekend.

I've been cycling most of my life, mostly roads. Currently riding a Claud Butler (modern alloy frame, not a classic unfortunately) that was built for me by Clements Cycles in Ledbury. I usually go out for a 20 - 40 mile spin, don't often do more than 60-ish these days.

Currently riding a 90's Concorde racer and an 80's Gazelle Lo-Pro racer.

Should be riding the Dunwich Dynamo again this year (London to Dunwich overnight, about 120 miles).

Roddy

I'm sure the drinks are excellent but to me it's like watching miss world coupled with great British menu.

Was always a MTB'r but got a road bike for fitness when my first kid came along and did not have time for long days out. Now my son is almost 6 I will probably get a mountain bike again and take him up to some of the welsh centres soon.

Until then I need to get fitter on my road bike. I just don't like road gear, all that Lycra, no way! I tend to wear MTB stuff even when on long road rides.

Gaggia Classic with OPV Mod @ 9 Bar + Silvia Steam Wand + 18g VST basket| Rancilio Rocky Grinder| Porlex Hand Grinder | Vintage De Ve grinder | HD Tamper | Rattleware Shotpot | Aeropress | Various French Press's, Moka pots and no doubt other stuff I will end up buying since finding this forum...

Road bike for me. I have three Pinarellos, one each in steel, aluminium and carbon and will be riding every day for the next three weeks add part of The People's Grand Tour (peoplesgrandtour.com)

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Fracino Heavenly, Eureka Mignon Specialita 16CR, Gaggia MDF, Espro 58mm Tamper, Bialetti, Aeropress, Oomph, V60, French Press, Puck Puck cold brew widget, Pinarello bikes!

I spent a fortune building a bike a few years ago thinking I was going to get fit, needless to say it spends its life in the shed.

IMG_20130505_211711.jpgIMG_20130505_211735.jpg

Facebook Fracino Heavenly / Gaggia md64

Road racer retired after almost 70 years of cycling.

Taiwanese French Press, Europress, Kyocera ceramic burr Hand Grinder, Tiamo hand frother, Suzuki two cup filter, Thai Doi Sakhet and Hilkof Peabery Coffee beans & learning fast.

Road racer retired after almost 70 years of cycling.

Sounds like you would have enjoyed the golden era of British club cycling then Marbeaux, back in the fifties and sixties.

Steve.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Fracino Heavenly, Eureka Mignon Specialita 16CR, Gaggia MDF, Espro 58mm Tamper, Bialetti, Aeropress, Oomph, V60, French Press, Puck Puck cold brew widget, Pinarello bikes!

I'm thinking of going down to London in the next few months. Maybe take my bike a do a tour with plenty of coffee shops on route. Any recommend routes/cafes for cyclists?

Gaggia Classic with OPV Mod @ 9 Bar + Silvia Steam Wand + 18g VST basket| Rancilio Rocky Grinder| Porlex Hand Grinder | Vintage De Ve grinder | HD Tamper | Rattleware Shotpot | Aeropress | Various French Press's, Moka pots and no doubt other stuff I will end up buying since finding this forum...

Hi all,

I just picked up my first road bike yesterday, and really loving it. I have used a hybrid for years just to trundle around locally and now hoping for more distance / speed in my rides. I am moving offices net year and will commute a few days a week at about a 25 mile round trip.

As an aside, i have also been running for the past year or so (not continuously!) and I also love that. i have lost 3 stone and never felt better. All rather exciting!

Regards,

Matt :)