cappuccino crackers

starter help. v3,classic,piccino?

after speaking to a couple members. ive just joined btw. narrowed my first real machine to a v3 or gagg class, and a piccino, wud like to know peoples thoughts on these and what grinders they recommend to go with these. thanks. all advice or help appreciated thank you

fracino piccino, mazzer mini and a long way to go!!

Ok how much money do out want or spend on machine

have you got a Grinder , if not you will have to budget for one accordingly ...

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

couple of rockys for sale on forum @ £100 might make good first grinders. For machine, got to be a Gaggia (about £100) unless you are made of money and going £500+. Tamper about £15 and you are good to go.

Chris

Home: Fracino Heavenly; Eureka Mignon. Work: DeLonghi Magnifica 4110 Bean to cup.

ive today gt a new v3 silvia now think of grinder yeah a rocky looks thw bet. is there diff models and doser no doser pros and cons? bout 8-100ish spend

fracino piccino, mazzer mini and a long way to go!!

The Rocky is available with and without a doser.

Whether you go for doser or non doser depends on personal preference and your "workflow".

Personally, I only put enough beans into the hopper for one shot so the doser had always irritated me.

The sweepers were also rather ineffective and left coffee grounds in the doser which went stale if not cleaned regularly.

The final straw was then the lever spring broke so I converted it to doserless.

It works great now, and is a little more compact.

Jerry

Rancilio Silvia v1 (Fuji PID, shimmed OVP, IMS 16/20g, La Marzocco triple ridgeless, IMS Showerscreen, v3 Steamwand ) / Eureka Zenith 65E, Rocky (doser removed) / CafeGene / Motta jug (750ml) / MadeByKnock Black & Walnut tamper (58.35mm)

80-100 is going to get limit your choice to Either a second hand rocky on the forum or mc2s.

Instagram - rjw_inc

say 100 ish. is a rocky best value? like compact as can for worktop space .

The better the grinder you can get the better the ingredient , £100 will get you a grinder at the low end of the second hand market . At the price point your limited to a second hand mc2 or the rocky

personally I wouldn't buy either and I'd try and stretch the budget if possible

a lot of people will upgrade very quickly from either .

any half decent electronic grinder ( mc2 / rocky) in good working order for £100 isn't bad value though

Instagram - rjw_inc

Rocky stepped adjustment with reference dial. Can be modded to stepless if required

mc2 stepless but noisy , but worm screw adjustment makes it difficulty to dial back and forth or undersrand a dial reference point. .

Instagram - rjw_inc

I'm a a bit lost as there seems to be three threads of the same subject by the OP currently

In future might help responses and them not being repeated if one thread is posted .

Instagram - rjw_inc

The gaggia mdf is also a good one if you are looking. Has same problems as rocky though.

RED Gaggia Classic with OPV adjusted and Silvia wand added, Gaggia MDF grinder (50mm burrs) with stepless mod, 58mm naked portafilter and Made-by-knock 58mm simple tamper, Wilfa Grinder, Aeropress with Kaffeologie S-filter, THE BEAST: Not yet RED Massive Titan 84mm burrset Gaggia MD-85 in repair...