With batch 2 due to drop this week . I thought it would be a good time to start a thread so we can collate how we get on with them.

When you get them post up your pics and what your doing with them.........

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I wonder if there are any differences between batch 1 and 2. I fed back my comments to Peter before he started work on batch 2 but no idea if he changed anything. Post your unique ID codes also? I'm K008MON woooo!

Yeah the burr carrier or something got upgraded slightly, it was on fb I'm sure...

I'm sure as well that there was a mod for Batch #2. Think you're right about it jeebsy being hidden on the facebook page

It is a one piece machined mid section/burr carrier. I think it was more efficient for the construction but don't think it adds much in terms of grind. Here's the link to the pic-

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

Was thinking today if i'll ever use a Hausgrind if there's a EK on the bench. Might be a short relationship this one.

Was thinking today if i'll ever use a Hausgrind if there's a EK on the bench. Might be a short relationship this one.

Fits better in a suitcase?

While it's not entirely designed for portability I reckon it should prove a pretty handy backup when travelling etc if in the future I get a decent fixed grinder too.

that said maybe there's a market for bespoke "ek luggage" to assist with trips ;)

I have just emailed Peter to go on the waiting list for batch 4.

I had a bit of a huff earlier regarding an earlier order for stuff from him, but that was gear I needed pronto. I'm now much more chilled about waiting for the hausgrind plus Peter is looking in better shape to handle the demand.

I look forward to reading everyone's experiences with their new gadgets. Not looking forward to TGLW finding out how much I'm spending on another piece of coffee kit.....

Anyone had conformation of batch 2 shipping yet?

Well Boots, when I got back from Madchester this afternoon, postie had left a card saying there were two packages waiting for us next door. Been round but they're out. Don't get too excited - might be some non-caffeine related purchase made by Mrs Systemic. Will let you know later.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Anyone had conformation of batch 2 shipping yet?

Nothin here...

suspect dfk41 may be first to declare...

nothing here either........it is just like election night!

Damn site more interesting.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Do you live in Sunderland South..?

I'm loving the Hausgrind Peter sent me to play with, I'm currently using it as a "guest" espresso grinder as I have 6 different coffees in at the moment although only 5 are ready to use and also for my mid afternoon brewed coffee, currently via FP until my Homeloo kettle arrives so I can get back to the V60 decanter, and hopefully by then my 3 lots of beans from Smoky Barn will be ready to go by then as well.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

Just had an email saying mine is being sent our tracked, on Friday afternoon

Got shipping ? Great news Andy

Alas no... I'm not off, just getting excited about the impending possibility of a chance that it might happen soon, now that the ball seems to be rolling

Just think how worth it the waiting will be when you eventually get what you're waiting for! I really think Peter should get some admin help so he can concentrate on the products but I don't really know what his situation is so it's hard to speculate.

To kick off more actual discussion on the grinder I thought I'd share my ballpark settings. Mine 'zeroes' at between 0200 and 0300 - I could force it closer to 0 but I don't see any point. Espresso for my is around the 0500-0530 mark as a starting point and v60 is 1300 ish. I haven't made many cafetieres but I would say 1500 might be a good place to start.

I also found that grinding got easier as the burrs wore in a bit which I think grinding for espresso has helped with.

Roy & Alex & The Maestro & Herman ze Hausgrind

Interesting re the settings Luke, the demo one I have choked the Sage totally set to around 0700 for espresso and I've been using at 1 full revolution and then 0300 for V60 and between 1 full revolution and 0600-0700 for FP. The zero on this one is about 0100 and I seen to recall Peter saying somewhere that as the burrs break in the zero point will gradually come to be at 0. The settings I'm using are as suggested by email from Peter with this particular grinder and how much use it has had.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

While I have nothing but the upmost sympathy with the posts and feelings on how knock communicate and delivers it product , this is derailing the thread slighty from its original purpose .

Im going to move all the appropriate posts over to the made by knock thread , where previous comments on supply and service have gone .

If anyone has any thoughts or feelings re the service he provides that would be the ideal place to keep it all together

Cheers

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Nothing received in Somerset. Thought they were due to be despatched on Monday/Tuesday just gone?

Nothing received in Somerset. Thought they were due to be despatched on Monday/Tuesday just gone?

No, dispatches were due to start Tuesday and proceed throughout the week.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.