Sign in to follow this  
PhillyYasvilly

Dialaing in grinder: Brasilia RR45

Howdy gang,

so I recently picked up a Brasilia RR45 grinder second hand and stripped it down to clean it all up.

When rebuilding it I was unsure of how tight to tighten the burrs and calibrate the twisty dial on the side,

has anybody experience of doing this?

Also, how does the anti static guard work? That's the little pad that the ground beans hit after going between the burrs while going into the doser.

Thanks, any feedback is appreciated,

Philip

When I've stripped my RR55 down and had everything apart what I do to find the zero point is to wind the burr carrier in by hand without the adjustment collar on it and then once the burrs are touching and wont move then re-attach the adjustment guard after making sure that zero is as close to the marker as I can get and noting down where the "true" zero is. I'm not sure what you mean by the twisty dial on the side is that part of the doser mechanism, as to the best of my knowledge all version of the RR45 adjust via the collar at the top for grind level, and the MC and MAC64 have a stepless adjustment via a worm drive. Could you take some photos and post them please.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

Cheers for your help, when I said twisty dial I meant the collar yes.

I'll try this method tonight, and take a few pics for here while I'm at it!

Cheers for the help,

Philip

You just might have to go for as close as you can get, the only way I got mine to sit on absolute zero was winding the burr carrier down as tightly as I could then adjusting from there, another tip if you need to remove the bottom burr carrier is that the screws from the adjustment collar(allen head ones) will fit through the holes in the lower burr carrier once the burr is removed to act like a jack to remove the carrier once the centre nut is undone.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!