IGNORED

'Lighter side of life' Interest (LSOL)

20 minutes ago, Daren said:

I will be sending a message this evening to everyone that has shown interest on here emoji1303.png

Please add me in! (Sent you a PM earlier on) Thank you! - (and, if you see this in time, please remove me from the guest slot) 👍

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree. Those that give up their time freely, for no reward of any kind, and with no future stake should be applauded for their time. And of course for any moderator to be able to do thi

For clarity and absolutely no insinuation at all: I never questioned the honesty and integrity of anyone. If the "mods" have no financial interest in the forum I don't think it is their plac

Posted Images

We have just started this quarters round of LSOL. The next subscription invites will be sent in February for the March-May period. I'll send you an invite then @Simon

In the meantime why not jump in on the guest slots

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daren said:

We have just started this quarters round of LSOL. The next subscription invites will be sent in February for the March-May period. I'll send you an invite then @Simon

In the meantime why not jump in on the guest slots

Thanks Daren, much appreciated. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I’d like to go on the wait list for the next sub please (whenever that happens next year). Sorry if I missed this but how much coffee we talking about (so I adjust other purchases accordingly). Thanks.
No problem, I've added you to the list. The sub spaces are £73 for 3 x 1 kilo bags delivered to your door (1kg per month for 3 months)
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Daren said:
13 hours ago, tripleshot said:
I’d like to go on the wait list for the next sub please (whenever that happens next year). Sorry if I missed this but how much coffee we talking about (so I adjust other purchases accordingly). Thanks.

No problem, I've added you to the list. The sub spaces are £73 for 3 x 1 kilo bags delivered to your door (1kg per month for 3 months)

Sounds great. I'll have to go from Q2 as I have a backlog of beans to go through!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If there is space, can I get on the wait list for the sub for the next quarter please? The guest slots of proven beyond doubt I need more than 500gr of lsol each month! Thanks

If there is space, can I get on the wait list for the sub for the next quarter please? The guest slots of proven beyond doubt I need more than 500gr of lsol each month! Thanks
No problem - I'll message you before the next one starts with details
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@GCGlasgow - I will get an update from the roaster today and confirm on the other thread (but I believe we are looking at roasting and posting this week)

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Syenitic said:

might pay to find the more recent LSOL thread?

Yeah thanks for.the heads up. I don't understand bashing the mods and admin in the other thread. It wasn't their decision. Ownership has shot itself in the foot I fear. 

• Like 2

Down with this sort of thing. 

11 hours ago, Dallah said:

Yeah thanks for.the heads up. I don't understand bashing the mods and admin in the other thread. It wasn't their decision. Ownership has shot itself in the foot I fear. 

In mitigation:

a) The "ownership"*1 haven't publicly commented*2
b) The "mods & admin"*3 have commented and quite strongly defended the decision

1 - Who we know of - It might appear to some that "others" might have some sort of "stake" now?
2 - As usual! When "they" first took over they did a bit of comms & posting but pretty well since then they have been most notable by their silence. 
Most obviously when "they" cock something up and the forum does a whores-drawers impression and "they" don't communicate/interact or respond at all until a "one or two liner" when it settles down a bit 
3 - See 1.... I don't quite see why "mods and admin" are so strongly forcing/defending/arguing the case here....
While the decision/policy "might" be valid if revenue based it would seem that would be nothing to do with "mods & admin"... but......
NB: "might" I honestly feel it's the wrong decision in revenue terms as I think loss of footfall as the knock on of loss of LSOL & the (remaining) community spirit of the forum will "cost" more than LSOL advertising

@Drewster sorry I can't follow your post. It's a bit disjointed. Are you trying to say that perhaps the admin & mods have a financial interest in the forum and therefore the decision to shutdown the LSOL? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dallah said:

@Drewster sorry I can't follow your post. It's a bit disjointed. Are you trying to say that perhaps the admin & mods have a financial interest in the forum and therefore the decision to shutdown the LSOL? 

You might say that I couldn't possibly comment
(Francis Urquhart)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dallah said:

🧐

3 minutes ago, Drewster said:

You might say that I couldn't possibly comment
(Francis Urquhart)

@Drewster I would not say that. I know from my time as a mod it is a voluntary role which sucks up a lot of time. The most I ever received was a free meal, a free ticket to London Coffee Festival and the occasional sample from a new roaster sponsor. 

The people that I know who are still mods are people of great honesty and integrity. Unless you have proof otherwise, your insinuation is despicable. They put in a lot of hard graft out of the goodness of their hearts. 

4 minutes ago, Dallah said:

@Drewster I would not say that. I know from my time as a mod it is a voluntary role which sucks up a lot of time. The most I ever received was a free meal, a free ticket to London Coffee Festival and the occasional sample from a new roaster sponsor. 

The people that I know who are still mods are people of great honesty and integrity. Unless you have proof otherwise, your insinuation is despicable. They put in a lot of hard graft out of the goodness of their hearts. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you... 100%.... Nothing to see here, please move along......

1 hour ago, MrShades said:

Just wondering - have you spent the last 6 months in a coma, on the ISS or hibernating?

@MrShades No.  I've been dealing with my life. Just because I've not been posting here doesn't change that I know the mods from my time doing the job and I stand by my statement that they are persons of honesty and integrity. To insinuate they are less is an affront to them and me. People who don't even have the guts to come right out and accuse them directly but make snide, cowardly remarks really aren't worth the time of day. If you want to say something have the conviction of your beliefs and come out and say it. Or frankly you and they should shut up. Have some guts man. 

• Like 1