Coffee Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lighter side of life' Interest (LSOL)

97K views 415 replies 114 participants last post by  Dallah 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just starting a thread to gauge interest for a similar club to our veritable DSOL, I am fully aware that many on here prefer a more subtle roast profile to their beans and o lot of roasters that I speak to are keen to explore lighter roasting, therefore if you are willing to subscribe to a three month £60 subscription, please put your name on the list below, remember chocolates and nuts lovers beware!!

#10 ·
I could be interested in this - but it would have to wait until this lot of DSOL finishes.

#13 ·
CoffeeJohnny said:
The shiny side of life?
You got it! The knack is to know when to hit the cool button on the Gene to get the beans dark and shiny without burning them - and I've chucked a fair bit of charcoal away over the 20yrs I've been roasting! One reason why I got shot of all my greens and went back to one single bean which has been my favourite for at least ten years now!!

#14 ·
DavidBondy said:
You got it! The knack is to know when to hit the cool button on the Gene to get the beans dark and shiny without burning them - and I've chucked a fair bit of charcoal away over the 20yrs I've been roasting! One reason why I got shot of all my greens and went back to one single bean which has been my favourite for at least ten years now!!
One single bean - Which is?

#16 ·
I sir, being of the lighter side, (About 18 stone actually) would be interested, i normally use Hasbean but admit to drinking Fudge and Signature at the moment

Gaz

#17 ·
DavidBondy said:
If that's the case try pumphreys espresso crema or Italian high roast they may be too your liking

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
CoffeeJohnny said:
If that's the case try pumphreys espresso crema or Italian high roast they may be too your liking
Thanks John. If I either run out of greens or fancy a change then I most certainly will. It's hard to find a really dark bean! They do look glossy on their website but not too dark. I expect that half-a-kilo is worth a punt!

DB

#22 ·
DavidBondy said:
Thanks John. If I either run out of greens or fancy a change then I most certainly will. It's hard to find a really dark bean! They do look glossy on their website but not too dark. I expect that half-a-kilo is worth a punt!

DB
David you might like Exchange Coffee's Sulawesi Kalossi it's a very dark roast, bordering on too dark for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.