coffeechap

'Lighter side of life' Interest (LSOL)

Just starting a thread to gauge interest for a similar club to our veritable DSOL, I am fully aware that many on here prefer a more subtle roast profile to their beans and o lot of roasters that I speak to are keen to explore lighter roasting, therefore if you are willing to subscribe to a three month £60 subscription, please put your name on the list below, remember chocolates and nuts lovers beware!!

Edited by ronsil

AKA Toffee chips

If it gets going I am happy to handle cash etc on this one as I do for DSOL. BUT I won't be participating.

Not my scene.

Ron 

Excellent Dave good call. Very Yin and Yang!

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Just by way of a bit of a change I'll give three months a try

a grinder a lever and some beans

I had often thought why this didn't exist. I would be more than up for it.

Lots of brewing equipment</A>

Usually 4 x 250 grams per month sent as one delivery

Ron 

Please include me OUT!!

An espresso machine and a grinder - who wants to read a whole list?

Please include me OUT!!

Didn't think it would be any other way david

AKA Toffee chips

I could be interested in this - but it would have to wait until this lot of DSOL finishes.

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Didn't think it would be any other way david

Indeed! I'm thinking of a new group called "The Even Darker Side of Life!"

DB

Indeed! I'm thinking of a new group called "The Even Darker Side of Life!"

DB

The shiny side of life?

The shiny side of life?

You got it! The knack is to know when to hit the cool button on the Gene to get the beans dark and shiny without burning them - and I've chucked a fair bit of charcoal away over the 20yrs I've been roasting! One reason why I got shot of all my greens and went back to one single bean which has been my favourite for at least ten years now!!

You got it! The knack is to know when to hit the cool button on the Gene to get the beans dark and shiny without burning them - and I've chucked a fair bit of charcoal away over the 20yrs I've been roasting! One reason why I got shot of all my greens and went back to one single bean which has been my favourite for at least ten years now!!

One single bean - Which is?

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

Old Brown Java

I sir, being of the lighter side, (About 18 stone actually) would be interested, i normally use Hasbean but admit to drinking Fudge and Signature at the moment

Gaz

Never too old to learn, often too old to remember

Sage Dual Boiler, Bratatz Sette 270,Fracino Cherub FOR SALE, Macap M5 grinder FOR SALE, Hario drip, kettle, Hario hand grinder, Chemex , replaced again, broke yet again :( , Aeropress, french press, Motta jug,flat and convex tamper, Hario Syphon

SKINT BUT HAPPY

If that's the case try pumphreys espresso crema or Italian high roast they may be too your liking

If that's the case try pumphreys espresso crema or Italian high roast they may be too your liking

Thanks John. If I either run out of greens or fancy a change then I most certainly will. It's hard to find a really dark bean! They do look glossy on their website but not too dark. I expect that half-a-kilo is worth a punt!

DB

Edited by DavidBondy

Thanks John. If I either run outbid greens or fancy a change then I most certainly will. It's hard to find a really dark bean!

DB

Espresso crema is the darkest I've come across they were my first entry into fresh coffee. I can't drink it now though. tastes change I guess

Thanks John. If I either run out of greens or fancy a change then I most certainly will. It's hard to find a really dark bean! They do look glossy on their website but not too dark. I expect that half-a-kilo is worth a punt!

DB

David you might like Exchange Coffee's Sulawesi Kalossi it's a very dark roast, bordering on too dark for my tastes.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

David you might like Exchange Coffee's Sulawesi Kalossi it's a very dark roast, bordering on too dark for my tastes.

Thanks Charlie! DB

Sorry to 'butt in' but coffeechap is trying to find out interest in starting a lighter roast group LSOL & we seem to be going well off topic.

Ron