kikapu

Caravan kings cross acme cups

How are Inkers compared to Acmes, what are the differences? On pictures they look pretty similar?

Looking to buy a set, but can only get Inkers locally, so just wondering.

Thanks

Acme are seriously heavy cups for their size. I've not ever broken one.

'it's all about the microbubbubbles'

Inkers are 1oz bigger, thinner. There's an Inker in the background of the grey Acem pic above.

Edited by jeebsy

Acmes can certainly ot be described as 'thin' in any stretch of the word these days. At least not the ones I have seen/used.

THat should have read Inkers are 1oz bigger and thinner, obvs.

I have few ACMEs and they are certainly one of the heaviest and most ergonomic one I have used so far.

However I noticed that their quality standard isn't very high. Specially for what you pay for them here in the UK.

I have few that have paint/grazing imperfections. Both on cups and saucers.

For example, they have painted over the white bit on top of the cup. Also other cup isn't flat on the bottom, so it wobbles on flat surface.

Maybe I am expecting too much or being anal but these small things matter specially when you spend £10+ on a cup...

You can't put finger into the hole in Inkers!

I personally prefer Inker sizes (both Flat White and Latte cups though)

Maybe I am expecting too much or being anal but these small things matter specially when you spend £10+ on a cup...

Wholesale they probably come in well under £4

I have few ACMEs and they are certainly one of the heaviest and most ergonomic one I have used so far.

However I noticed that their quality standard isn't very high. Specially for what you pay for them here in the UK.

For example, they have painted over the white bit on top of the cup. Also other cup isn't flat on the bottom, so it wobbles on flat surface.

Did you approach Caravan about this? It could have been a faulty batch.

Did you approach Caravan about this? It could have been a faulty batch.

Well, I haven't. I think it's not faulty batch, since I have 2 cups each from same cartons...

Anyway I recommend everyone to look at it properly so you don't look at bad paint work.

When you drink coffee, your cups come very close your eyes, so you notice it every time!

Well, I haven't. I think it's not faulty batch, since I have 2 cups each from same cartons...

Anyway I recommend everyone to look at it properly so you don't look at bad paint work.

When you drink coffee, your cups come very close your eyes, so you notice it every time!

I've never had a problem with any cup I've had from Acme so I think you may be a case of the 'few tarring the many". I've used them for a long time, too.

They're hand made products, little variations are expected. Inkers have their occasional 'unique' bits too.

Hi here is a plan .Take some pics , send em to caravan . see if they are happy with the quality if the cup they provided for you. Will be more constructive feedback than telling us..

Hard for us to comment on the quality when we can't see where any quality issue lies and really you could give the supplier the opportunity to see if it conforms to their standards too.

Let us know how you get on

Cheers

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Does anyone know if they stock all colours of the Acme demitasse at Caravan?

Caravan probably will

Anybody planning a trip to Caravan soon? I'd like a pair of grey latte cups and saucers if you are. I'd obviously pay full costs with the bonus of my eternal gratitude!

Brewtus Dual Boiler, La Pav Pro, Mazzer SJ

Anybody planning a trip to Caravan soon? I'd like a pair of grey latte cups and saucers if you are. I'd obviously pay full costs with the bonus of my eternal gratitude!

Drop Milanski a PM, it's on his dog walking route and he did offer to pick up cups and post on earlier in thread.

Have done, thanks for the heads up. Hope the dog doesn't mind it's walk being interrupted!

Sadly Milan has moved, so his dog now goes for walkies elsewhere now. I'm still after the cups so if anyone else might be wandering past Caravan...

^ Do they not post? Sent an email but no response as of yet.

Sold on these after finding, reading this thread today and whilst comparing to others across the net the last few weeks. Black ones, red ones.

My first ever flat white cups lol and a couple of espresso ones I reckon.....

sig was stupid long........