Glenn

How long did you lurk before joining?

608 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk before joining?

• Less than 1 week
    • 1-4 weeks
    • 1-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • longer than 6 months

I joined straight away as i wanted to make an inquiry to an existing member after a google search into getting my broken Francis Francis X1 repaired led me to this forum.

I have really enjoyed reading some of the threads on here so far and am trying to absorb the wealth of information there is on offer.

Joined after lurking for only a couple of hours. Was researching my first espresso machine, came across the Gaggia Classic, read a bit here and there across the net, watched some video and ultimately ended up here! Have enjoyed reading everyones experiences, from the wise to the new. Learnt a lot, and am especially enjoying the mods that can be done to Gaggia Classics' - loving the enthusiasm!

Gaggia Classic (OVP and Silvia wand mods) | Eureka Mignon

It was less than a week, but I'll probably carry on lurking for a while now I'm a member as there is so much to read and digest before I'll even know what I want to know more about.

Was only lurking for a few days if im honest. I decided to join when when i needed some advice, been checking every day since and reading up on all sorts of helpfull stuff

doesn't take long to get sucked in!

Boy ain't that the truth! I lurked for about a week, broke the seal by asking for advice, and have spent untold time and money on all things coffee since then. Having thought that a modded Classic and MC2 would be all I would ever wish for I'm now well in at the deep end after probably a year! The more time you spend on here, the lighter your wallet will become if you aren't careful!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

The more time you spend on here, the lighter your wallet will become if you aren't careful!

To quote what a wise man once said..."Boy ain't that the truth!"

It's always great to see new members introduce themselves and mention they have been lurking for a while before joining.

Comments welcomed below as well.

Is there anything we could have done to get you posting earlier?

I lurked for two days.

I'm looking for an alternative to £4 per day for high street brand take away coffee for my wife. A friend has a De'Longhi 4200 and gets great results by his standards. I thought this would be fine until I read some of the posts here which are unanimously pro espresso and con bean to cup. I really enjoy coffee but the key factor is the 6:00 am test - can I make a latte in a reasonable time when we're both wishing we were still asleep. Will we really see the difference between an espresso machine and btc? Can we both learn to make consistently good coffee?

Edited by Shropshire Lad
S typo

Shropshire Lad

Before someone else says it...

Espresso not expresso

Whilst a good espresso machine and grinder will no doubt be able to put most B2C machines to shame in what they can produce, until you practise and get really good, it's unlikely you'll be able to produce a Latte quite as quick so if that's a deal breaker for your 6am cuppa it's worth bearing in mind. However, if you also drink coffee later in the day when you can afford more time, then the joys that lay ahead of you...well worth it!

Edited by DoubleShot

Took me a couple of weeks to finally register and start posting

Espresso: Gaggia Classic (2002) w/ MrShades PID / Fiorenzato F5 - Filter: Rhino hand grinder / Aeropress / V60

Finally signed up - I purchased a Gaggia Classic in 2008 and started dipping in and out of a few forums shortly thereafter.

Is there prize for longest lurker?

Londinium R | Ceado E37S | Torr Goldfinger

Few weeks of dropping in and out of the forum.

I've been pondering my first machine (currently use a French press) and a grinder.

Have just had my hand forced as I've accidentally received un-ground beans and so Sage pro grinder on its way!

Just have to explain to my wife that spending £200 is much better than wasting £8

A few days of lurking and researching, having a new kitchen built and wanted an espresso machine to be apart of that, so gone for a modest Rancilio Silva, Eureka Mignon grinder and a few accessories. I'm in no way a coffee buff or connoisseur but do enjoy a coffee so I'm looking forward to learning and developing a new found love and taste for coffee in our new kitchen.

Hi all

I have been lurking around for about 2-3 months reading and learning. Then decided to peruse the Bella Barista site and made a purchase, well in fact I have made a couple of them lol. I will put more of that in the introductions forum though.

litteal

QM Verona, Eureka Mignon and a Gene Cafe 101A.

Lots of thirst for coffee and inspiration.

The information available here was too good that I had to get involved in the conversation right away! Never have I met so many like minded coffee geeks!