IGNORED

How long did you lurk before joining?

Glenn

How long did you lurk before joining?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk before joining?

• Less than 1 week
    • 1-4 weeks
    • 1-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • longer than 6 months

Hi all - it depends on what how you define 'lurking'!  I have 'joined' and enjoyed the content for months but only posted for the first time this week.

I am not a user of forums but I have learnt a lot here since starting with my Delonghi machine and Krupps grinder (at least it was a burr grinder)!

Since then I have been using a Flair everyday and paired it with a Compak K6 that was converted to single dose.

Next step is a Mara X and a JX Pro (you can tell I like the tactile side of things)!  I can't wait to get going when it is finally delivered.

Like many others, thanks for all the quality advice and chat!

One question - is there a bar to accessing group buys?  I would be interested in the Osmio but I am not sure I am eligible.

Cheers, Niall

Hi all, jumped on in there. Lurked on some others, but thought I'd register. What's the worst that can happen? I'm sure members feel the same about newbies. Anyway, looks good - glad to have 'local' advice, the international perspective is great, but not always relevant. 

I’ve been coming to this site for years.  Great advice and even better community.  Look forward to enjoying the forums even more as member.  Thanks to everyone here that has given so much time to help one another in our never ending coffee journey.  

Been researching machines for a week or so and kept on finding links back to this forum so it seemed like the place to be! Was a long time user of the Aeropress (office coffee was awful!) and bought a decent enough bean to cup machine for the home about 5 years ago. Has served me well (and is a hit with relatives) but want to make the most of my 3-4 coffees a day so ready to invest some time, money, and effort to take a step up. Looks like there is a lot to learn!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, long time lurker (these forums were usually up there on search results for most coffee related queries so figured I should actually create an account) and just wanted to say thanks to all the contributors as I've learnt so much from these forums. 

Look forward to trying out the coffee roaster recommendations and getting involved in discussions. 

• Like 2

@Cizmooo Welcome to the forum, check out the classifieds, if you want new, some great deals from our sponsors.

Edited by DavecUK

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

42 minutes ago, SpaceWomble said:

Lurking... I'm really good at lurking. As far as the forum goes probably 2 or 3 months..... Wasn't really sure if joining a forum is my thing, but I've done.....

@SpaceWomble Welcome to the forum, loads of people lurk, a few join. I think you always get a little more out of joining.

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

• 1 month later...