Glenn

How long did you lurk before joining?

How long did you lurk before joining?  

607 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk before joining?

• Less than 1 week
    • 1-4 weeks
    • 1-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • longer than 6 months

Well done for finally posting :)

Perhaps if you're already set up with a coffee machine (being a long time lurker).

Consider posting in the show off your machine section

And welcome

Thank you!

I am but I don't have any pics of my set-up. Only pics I have are of my poor attempts at lattee art (see avatar for my best effort!).

I have a Gaggia Classic with silvia v2 steam wand and OPV mod to 9bar. Using a non-pressurised PF and basket but not sure of their origin as they came with the machine secondhand. Could be the originals but I had a feeling it came with a pressurised set-up? Will be replaced with a bottomless soon enough anyway.

Grinder is an Ascaso i-mini.

Sage DTP / Mazzer Super Jolly / Custom Torr Trapez Convex 53.5

V60 (x3) / Hario Mini Mill

Joined up today as needing a cure for my upgradeitus. Will be lurking around the for sale forum for the foreseeable future. I've read numerous threads on this site and others slowly gaining experience and answers to my questions.

I didn't join earlier as all the things I wanted to know were typical newbie stuff that has been asked about millions of times by millions of people, so I could get what I needed just trawling through forums without joining. My thought was that as a long standing member of a forum it must get tedious answering the same basic newbie questions to lots of people when the answers are all ready out there if you can be bothered to look. Now I need something specific though I'm happy to sign up.

Welcome Neil

Start up a thread with what your looking for in a new machine and we will help you spend some money

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Lurked for a while! need some new bits and bobs and there's plenty of baristocracy on here. Only had my first espresso machine for a month or so.

Loads to learn.

Same as DeanoDN, joined straight away. I was pleasantly surprised to find such an active forum located in EU and felt obliged to join.

I lurked for 10 days or so. I signed up to say thanks for the resource that i'd taken advantage of and hope to keep on doing in future. It also seems a really friendly forum where newbies are not automatically sent to the search function and experienced posters are happy to answer the same types of questions with a patient and welcoming manner.

At this stage i can't add much to coffee knowledge but hopefully by hanging around that situation may change...

:( There was no option: Less than a day.

A few hours of reading the replies to any number of questions and it became clear that this site is populated by helpful sorts who seem happy to pass on their knowledge. That it is also vibrant with lots of posts and interest helps too.

The good manners and technically/logically biased replies kind of sealed it for me leaving me with the feeling that I don't need any other site even as a complete newb.

I joined within minutes,it was obvious from the detailed layout and the current traffic that this was the place to be.

Cameron

^^^ WHS, pretty much.

At most, a day. Good traffic. good archive of threads, welcoming to newbs, knobhead count well below the mean :good:

Mazzer SJ, Bezzera BZ02, Uncertainty.

2 weeks of reading posts on reviews / faults as looking to upgrade (now my head hurts)

Fracino Ariete , Compak E10

A few days - but most of that was waiting for the activation email to turn up :o

I signed up straight away, but lurked for a day or two until my membership was approved

Gaggia classic (rancillio steam wand, opv mod, unpressurised basket) - Mazzer Super Jolly - Rhino Hand Grinder - Aeropress - Bodum French Press