IGNORED

How long did you lurk before joining?

How long did you lurk before joining?  

849 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk before joining?

• Less than 1 week
    • 1-4 weeks
    • 1-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • longer than 6 months

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been reading info on the forum for about 2 weeks. Just joined today. Happy to be a member. I am awaiting delivery on my first prosumer machine : VBM Domobar Super 2B. Sent from my SM-N950F usi

It is...you did the right thing for your heart at the expense of your pocket. Welcome to the forum.  

Happened to us all. 

Posted Images

i lurked probably a month. was looking for some modifications for my gaggia

Welcome, just add another two posts and you can then peruse the For Sale section.

Jon.

Signed up straight away! Great community

Signed up after about two weeks but taken a while for my first post which is this one :p

Well warm greetings to you both, it's a busy forum with plenty of room for more and don't be embarrassed at asking basic questions ........ I am :whistle: ... Jon.

A few days. Realised there is a wealth of knowledge on here and wanted in!

Great stuff and after a while if you feel it's worth it, you can make a donation as a supporter, no medals for it and certainly no obligation to, but it does help maintain a fantastic forum.

Jon.

I found Coffee Forum whilst searching for advice on what machine to buy and then how to strip down and rebuild the Gaggia Classic that I subsequently bought. By then I was hooked and signed up. That all happened within three weeks.

I signed up almost straight away as I'm looking to buy equipment so access to the for sale section is a priority. After that I'll probably become much more of a lurking member as I tend to search for answers already written rather than ask questions that have probably been asked before!

I signed up almost straight away as I'm looking to buy equipment so access to the for sale section is a priority. After that I'll probably become much more of a lurking member as I tend to search for answers already written rather than ask questions that have probably been asked before!

Keep going with your posts as you need five under your belt to access the 'For Sale' section-- and welcome by the way.

Jon.

I found Coffee Forum whilst searching for advice on what machine to buy and then how to strip down and rebuild the Gaggia Classic that I subsequently bought. By then I was hooked and signed up. That all happened within three weeks.

There you've beat me to it, I want a defunct DB machine to play with.

You can use the search facility but bear in mind it can go quite a way back.

Joined as soon as I could!

Hello and welcome to the club.

Keep going there are several in the 'For sale' section at the moment and seemingly to cover a wide budget and always advisable to enter your location.

Jon.

Keep going there are several in the 'For sale' section at the moment and seemingly to cover a wide budget and always advisable to enter your location.

Jon.

Good idea, have added my location to my profile

I signed up after a few days of reading. This time around anyway - I think when I first started getting into espresso I probably read some bits and bobs here before I bough a gaggia classic.

If you start reading a lot you need to sign up so the forum remembers what you've already read (I think anyway), that and photos.

I'm got to the point where I want to improve my coffee again which lead me back to forums. Oh and I bought a lovely second hand Ceado E6P from ebay a few days ago. That does seem to be helping!

Incidentally - I posted something in another thread a couple of days ago but it said it needed moderator approval? Anything I need to do there or will it show up when someone gets some time to spare?

I signed up after a few days of reading. This time around anyway - I think when I first started getting into espresso I probably read some bits and bobs here before I bough a gaggia classic.

If you start reading a lot you need to sign up so the forum remembers what you've already read (I think anyway), that and photos.

I'm got to the point where I want to improve my coffee again which lead me back to forums. Oh and I bought a lovely second hand Ceado E6P from ebay a few days ago. That does seem to be helping!

Incidentally - I posted something in another thread a couple of days ago but it said it needed moderator approval? Anything I need to do there or will it show up when someone gets some time to spare?

Welcome to the forum and a good purchase, not sure what you section of the forum oyu were in but suspect it may have been the 'For Sale' which you need to have a minimum of five posts to access.

Jon.

Thanks Jon. I'm really pleased with the new grinder - it's made a noticeable difference to my coffee. They are definitely bargains to be found on ebay if you're patient.

I actually figured out why those posts didn't show up - I was using my work proxy for my internet connection. It seems that if I connect through that my posts don't appear. If I turn it off they work! Probably some sort of anti-spam thing.

Thanks Jon. I'm really pleased with the new grinder - it's made a noticeable difference to my coffee. They are definitely bargains to be found on ebay if you're patient.

I actually figured out why those posts didn't show up - I was using my work proxy for my internet connection. It seems that if I connect through that my posts don't appear. If I turn it off they work! Probably some sort of anti-spam thing.

Well possibly thereby hangs a tale, for the computer boffins, give me something mechanical any day, that said electronics, mechanics work hand in glove.

I found a strange phenomenon in that, if I accessed the forum via Google and not Google Chrome the most noticeable problem was a series of missed characters when typing, even missed words, scrolling was also jerky and not responsive to actual touch pad finger movement.

Jon.