Glenn

How long did you lurk before joining?

How long did you lurk before joining?  

607 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk before joining?

• Less than 1 week
    • 1-4 weeks
    • 1-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • longer than 6 months

Ha, I've been lurking for years tbh , spent hours reading stuff from here.

time to sign up and ask a question of my own :)

Occasional searches going back some time. More frequent lurking over the past 6 months or so. Time to join up.

Lurking for a while. Probably won’t buy a new machine until around Christmas but researching every detail is half the fun right?

Good morning! Just got some equipment (Sage Barrista express and a Kanso Hiku grinder) and are finding the fori here very useful!

Came across the forum from Gaggiamanualservice and lurked occasionally for a couple of months. I finally have the money to pick up a my first espresso machine so it's time to join and start participating. 

Hi all, been lurking for a while but only now seriously considering buying a coffee machine for more then £100. Figured it would be best to do as much research as possible and ask for advice to try and make best choice! 

Cheers Dan

A lurker for years.  Eventually went to sign up and realised I already had.  In 2016!

I lurk on and off I have ventured down the green bean path because of here still trying to find the perfect roasting method for me with the help of the information on here.

Discovered this forum around 6 months ago, and started visiting more and more frequently recently, as I started getting more and more interestedi in home espresso. When this forum became one of the first suggested pages in the browser launch screen, I took it as a sign to join :)

Found and joined within a day, as has some really useful information. Seems to be a great place for research!

Thinking of getting a gaggia. Found this forum. Been skimming through the last couple of weeks. Wealth of info.

I have been reading info on the forum for about 2 weeks. Just joined today. Happy to be a member. I am awaiting delivery on my first prosumer machine : VBM Domobar Super 2B.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well with all that reading, I bet then you didn't get it from Coffee Itlia!!

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Well with all that reading, I bet then you didn't get it from Coffee Itlia!!
Nope. I bought it from United barista marketplace. It's a used machine just 1 year old and in great condition. The seller provided pictures of every angle possible both internal and external.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’ve been lurking for a while as I’m getting bored of the weak/inconsistent steam from my dedica and I’m considering buying something nicer. I switched to non pressurised filter baskets ages ago after reading something on here which made a big difference to the espresso quality and more recently modded it with a Silvia wand. 

Not sure if I’ll make it up to five posts to use the classifieds though!

Probably for about a week. It was the need to get advice about fitting a PID to my Gaggia Classic that meant I took the plunge

Been lurking for ages and been off and on with coffee for ages too. >6 months for me.   Took the plunge though and joined up!

Been lurking for a few weeks browsing the sales forum and a few others. So much info on here to read it's brilliant! Thought it was about time I joined 

Welcome to the forum, plenty of reading / information on here for you.

What equipment do you have or are you just at the beginning of your coffee journey ?

Sorry just noted your other post:whistle:

Edited by El carajillo
  • Like 1

Joined after reading a couple of the excellent advice pieces. Looking to take my home espresso-making skills to a half decent level - need to replace my ancient early 2000s Dualit and equally ancient Cunill Tranquilo for starters!

Posted (edited)

I found credible information on here while searching on Google this past few weeks and given that it is a UK site too, decided to join. I am fixing up a Rancilio Silvia (possibly original/V1) for a friend.

Edited by richardhx
Didn't need to be there.