How long did you lurk before joining?  

830 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk before joining?

• Less than 1 week
    • 1-4 weeks
    • 1-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • longer than 6 months

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been reading info on the forum for about 2 weeks. Just joined today. Happy to be a member. I am awaiting delivery on my first prosumer machine : VBM Domobar Super 2B. Sent from my SM-N950F usi

Signed up straight away as needed specific advice... Have been lurking ever since

Lurked for a couple of days before joining. Then lurked for a couple of years before posting....

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I jumped right in when I stumbled the website as I was looking for some advises for my new project. It is great to be in this very active website.

Same for me, and addicted...both coffee and forum :)

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

About 5 years. Joined now because I want to upgrade my setup and looking for advice.

O'h Dear, take a seat its bordering fatal :clock: is ticking.

Why not enter what you have now and people will best be placed to offer some help :good: and welcome after being stood outside the door.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Yep, looked at a few posts and joined a week later. Wanted to get posting!

Didn't lurk at all. Which is a surprise for me. I browsed the site for a few hours and decided that I wanted to be a member. Hopefully I can contribute and learn a lot.

I've nipped in a few times over the span of a couple of weeks before finally biting the bullet.

Was strolling by, saw that the lights were on, so I let myself in.

ForumCat

I jumped right in when I stumbled the website as I was looking for some advises for my new project. It is great to be in this very active website.

Same for me, and addicted...both coffee and forum :)

Found the page yesterday and signed up last night when i saw it was a really active page with regulars post. So not lurking for long at all!! :p

I've neglected this area for a while. however a warm welcome, it helps if you pop your current coffee equipment in your profile, even if its a jar of instant :D .

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

• 3 weeks later...

Came across the forum whilst looking for info about a coffee machine I was thinking of as an upgrade from coffeepods... Lurked and read and quickly realised there's more involved than I ever imagined! Joined after about a week.

Niche Zero discussion has made me come back again and again. Did not join for that one but it has definitely been the reason for visiting the forum

A very active forum thread the NICHE an opportunity for owners to share their experiences with the ability to share like for like.

1 week of lurking, now a happily signed up member

Yes it doesn't take long when you appreciate the wealth of knowledge, wealth being the operative word once you start :whistle:.

A good friend told me about this forum as id like to get more into coffee and find specific equipment.

The for sale section has a few good bargains listed at the moment by serving forum members, you need five posts to have a peek.

I was in a flap about how to put together a decent espresso and wanted a new machine. I’ve since learnt that a grinder is a pretty big deal!!! I joined as soon as I come across this place

Yep, bit like an F1 car with a Suffolk Colt engine, again a few reasonable grinders pop up in the for sale section, five or more posts to use it.

Came across the forum whilst looking for info about a coffee machine I was thinking of as an upgrade from coffeepods... Lurked and read and quickly realised there's more involved than I ever imagined! Joined after about a week.

A lot lot more, you can learn quite a bit doing a historical search of long term members, or simply check the many lively posts and a myriad of threads.

Not essential but it does help listing your equipment and a guide to where you are based.

Jon.

I had "lurked" for several months. Started off as a quick nosey but has steadily became more frequent as my interest and basic experience grew until i recently signed up. As the knowledge grows it leads to more questions and so on, and on...

Great forums though, plenty for me still to get through.

• 2 weeks later...