Glenn

How long did you lurk before joining?

How long did you lurk before joining?  

582 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk before joining?

• Less than 1 week
    • 1-4 weeks
    • 1-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • longer than 6 months

About 4 or 5 days, browsed about looks a good forum, plenty knowledge and banter

Lurked for a couple of days before joining.

Then lurked for a couple of years before posting.... :D

If I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing and the walking and the words-into-sentences putting.

"Seriously, going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills

Been lurking for several weeks now. Signed up, but the mire I read the more confused I get.

Loving it though.

Using Tapatalk

Been lurking for several weeks now. Signed up, but the mire I read the more confused I get.

Loving it though.

Same here - I lurked a few weeks, realised I'd never made an actual good cup of coffee in my life compared to the people here and so joined to start asking questions that I couldn't find answers to using the search function.

I joined yesterday as I have some questions that I reckon some of the forum members might have a view on, but prior to that I spent probably 2 - 3 weeks 'researching' - i.e. lurking.

I lurked around for about a week I reckon before joining only a couple of weeks ago - im all new to the coffee scene! I did join another coffee forum before finding this one but it was American and it was a bit poo - I live close to bella barista and I was told of this forum from them....(nice lady very helpful and I gather most of you lot regard the shop as one of the better ones by what ive read on here)..she was showing me a new lever machine and talking about sending it out to a few ppl to test it out. so I looked on here ( the sales section first I have to admit!) and been coming back ever since! its like a good coffee shop....if you like the product and the atmosphere you find yourself wanting to go back! ;)

by the way this is my first post on here too! hi all im mick!

hi welcome mick, i have the said lever machine on my bench evaluating it! I started a thread on it so if you have any questions please fire away on that thread.

AKA Toffee chips

I am very much a newbie, and after 2 days of "lurking" when I should have been working signed up. Explored similiar forums but CF UK wins hands down!

I lurked 'as a silent member' for about 2 years. Reason for 'coming live' is simple: I want a new grinder and Claudette at Bella Barista sparked my interest in the Eureka Zenith 65E which members here are discussing.

Rod

Vesuvius DBPP, Niche Zero, Eureka Zenith 65E, Cafelat XT portafilter (using in naked config), VST filter baskets, Torr Goldfinger Nero convex.

About 16 seconds after finding the forum

Sage Duo Temp Pro - Sage Smart Grinder Pro - Aeropress - Kalita - Coffee

I lurked for a few weeks before signing up! Was finding some really useful information on here in terms of personal opinions and things that have helped me with my new job in the coffee biz... In terms of what you could of done to make me sign up earlier I guess would of been limiting how much I could read, but then again being able to do that is why I have now joined :).

K

I lurked briefly (only really for a couple of days) before joining up - I've joined simply because so many of the people on here seem to have great knowledge. I'm fortunate to have a good relationship with my local coffee shop owner, and he's taught me a lot: but (as is apparent from the range of opinions on here) one person's experience may differ from anothers!

I've been 'lurking' for quite a bit- have been using a delonghi ec330 which has just packed in and fancy upgrading to the Gaggia classic; hence I've registered to take part in the wonderful for sale section!

Waited for about 5 months before signing up. God knows what took me so long. Looking forward to read and hopefully share my experience.

About 2 weeks before signing up and that was a long time ago, it has taken me this long to make my 1st post.

Passed by months ago, but 5 minutes of lurking this time around and I'm here. Why wait!?

Rancilio Silvia --> V60 --> Mazzer Mini --> 18g VST basket --> 58mm Motta Tamper --> Acaia Scales.

Drink it black and prefer the Lighter Side of Life.

Been lurking for a while on Tapatalk, thought it was time to take the plunge!

Expobar Leva dual boiler | MC2 Grinder