SOLD - 2004 Mazzer Super Jolly

For sale is my much loved 2004 Mazzer Super Jolly. Seen below (sorry I don't have more pictures or close-ups but I don't currrently have access to it.

SJ 1.jpg

I purchased this grinder in 2012 from a man that was looking to start a mobile coffee business and needed to go for something bigger.

He told me it had had one owner previous, and not seen much use since he purchased it 6 months previous. I have owned it for a year and a half and bought new genuine factory burrs around a year ago.

Since then its had very infrequent use as I no longer live at my parents house where it is currently located.

I have removed most of the sweeper assembly in the doser to optimise for single dosing. I have removed the finger guard and tamper attachment (black plastic one).

I have all the original parts to restore it to original condition. There is a small crack on the ground exit chute on the doser from where I tried to open up the doser mechanism.

This has no impact in doser performance at all and is only a very small crack. There are also some small dents in the plate below the bottom burr carried from my attempts to remove the bottom burr carrier. These don't impact on performance.

The motor is in perfect working order. The burrs are obviously still in excellent condition. The overall condition is used, with some scratches and slight superficial damage but none of which affects performance and use in any way whatsoever!

ATTENTION: I am looking for collection only from York but only from 19th Feb to 23rd Feb, as that is the only weekend I'm back home.

I'm looking for £200 but if you have to travel a long way to collect I may be willing to knock a bit off.

Happy to answer any questions and be as accommodating as possible. I want this to go to a good home!

EDIT: I found a picture of the crack on the doser

!

P1010159.jpg

Edited by fatboyslim
I'd be interested, the only stumbling block might be collection as I'm in Birmingham

I could knock a bit off for petrol expenses but probably not enough. Any chance you'd be heading up North any time soon?

If you're seriously interested we could try to work something out.

Yes both come to the Brum cafe and beer crawl event and exchange the grinder there

That would be an ideal solution :)

Unfortunately no plans to be up north in the foreseeable future. I've just dropped you a PM

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

I have no way of getting the grinder to Birmingham. I think the cost might double if I would have to take it on the train...

I might be able to come in March

Cheers Mark, thanks for the update, I'm in no major rush to get it (if that's ok with you)

I'll have a look into what it would cost in to courier it. Anyone have any suggestions on couriers to ship grinders?

Thanks all, I'll have to check these out (just bathing kids at the moment). From what I can see if the SJ is approx 15 kg then I should be able to get it sent for under £20. If that's the case then happy to pay asking price.

I've just taken delivery of a super jolly and the seller used uk mail (parcel Pete) it cost 17 pounds next day service

That's a good price for next day delivery to your door.

Mazzer Super Jolly

Aeropress

Gene Cafe Currently Roasting : Costa Rica Tarrazu

Thanks all, I'll have to check these out (just bathing kids at the moment). From what I can see if the SJ is approx 15 kg then I should be able to get it sent for under £20. If that's the case then happy to pay asking price.

Sounds good (not the bit about bathing the kids ha ha). The height of the SJ is 60cm with the hopper so I'm thinking the box would need to be at least 60cm x 30cm or 50cm x 50cm so I can fit everything in and package it securely.

If someone has sent an SJ before I'd be happy to get some advice on packaging.

If you're happy to cover courier costs, then we have a deal. Are you ok to receive around 20-22nd Feb?

I'd certainly suggest taking the hopper off to parcel it up, I guess Coffeechap would be the one to ask though.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

I'd probably not use it with hopper, I'd either use a camera hood / micro hopper I think for the head space. If that makes it easier.

CC is a good call regarding parcelling up.

Yes not getting it till the 20th-22nd Feb is fine.

I'll have to get the Mignon on the market. I might keep the 2 for a while. Is this how Coffee Chap started?:)

I'd probably not use it with hopper, I'd either use a camera hood / micro hopper I think for the head space. If that makes it easier.

CC is a good call regarding parcelling up.

Yes not getting it till the 20th-22nd Feb is fine.

I'll have to get the Mignon on the market. I might keep the 2 for a while. Is this how Coffee Chap started?:)

Lets talk again mid February? We can organise collection etc. I get the impression you'll give my SJ a good home :)

Lets talk again mid February? We can organise collection etc. I get the impression you'll give my SJ a good home :)

Yes he would :)

Do you want me to take this off sale for you ? Or leave it as it is ?

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Yeah if price is agreed go to pm. I haut trying to keep on tip of sale threads and update the as sold , so people don't have to ask etc.

When your happy drop a message one here or pm me a dill update .

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Decaf grinder?????

Ha ha ha, excellent! Would love to....an excuse to take up decaf. ;)

I think it will be tough part with the Mignon. It's a good looking grinder, small foot print, but will need to sell it to fund the SJ.

And yes will definitely go to good home ;)

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo