Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For some reason i feel the need to try this  ...

Is this helpful? https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1putX2bN-cFVQf90sxqjOmFmhlUsnYHMX&usp=sharing

This thread has been locked, unfortunately there has been considerable abuse of this facility and moderators have had to do a fair bit of work to track such abuse down.  A decision is being made how t

Posted Images

I just wanted to give a shout out to No.13 Coffee roasters https://no13.coffee/products-1

I just moved to Northants and found them via Instagram recommended on a local page. Tim & Maria have some wonderful beans and are only a couple of miles down the road. Tim dropped some off yesterday the day after roasting.

I have so far sampled their Bukonzo Dream from Uganda (deliciously earthy and chocolatey) and a samples of their blend and a couple of samples Tim hasn't even put on the website yet. Really great coffee. In London I used to get Ozone but I'll support my local roasters now! (I'm spoiled here as I'm really close to the Roastery at Bella Barista as well.)

They also have two Giant Bernese Mountain Dogs, whom I met when I accidentally turned up at their house to pick up coffee thinking it was a shop 😂.

Edited by Sebinho9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints Coffee are a new roaster based in Northampton.

They have plans to open a coffee shop but this has been delayed due to covid so they have opened as online only for now.

I haven't tried them yet, will give them a go once I have used up some of the backlog in the freezer.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow thanks for this! I've been looking for a list for a long time because I've been lost for a long time. I want me and my friends to actually get quality beans and this list is a big help. Thanks for this and thank you for taking time away from your day to give us an in depth list. It's really hard for other people to do this which is why there's such a popular audience for the instant kind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to establish what kind of business the roaster is and keep it as local as possible. For example, more than one of my potential local roasters are actually coffee shop chains and their roasting operations are very clearly directed towards the supply of consistent blends to the cafes.  if you like what they serve in the cafes and you want to produce a similar experience for yourself this is clearly the way to go. Another business model may be oriented towards supplying commercial customers (hotels/restaurants/independently run cafes) whilst also doing small lots of single origin beans for retail customers like me.

I have always been interested in coffee and, when the first lockdown put all the coffee shops out of action, was pushed into buying an espresso machine/grinder in order to satisfy my requirements for espresso-based drinks. Working from home without the expense of commuting meant I have the spare cash (and time) do make this a hobby and I have been working around local roasters to see what they offer. I would particularly call out the following:

https://pharmacie.coffee/  - they are within walking distance so I can order one day and pick up the next. 

https://www.roastedbean.co.uk/ - I am currently working my way through a couple of their beans. The website, whilst quite pretty, doesn't necessarily reflect what they have in stock but you can have an online chat session, via the website, with the roaster to see what's good and then put in an order.

A good site for searching out beans is http://coffeediff.co.uk/ but be aware that, whilst there are a *lot* of roasters represented, it's by no means all that are available.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2020 at 07:13, gravelmonkey said:

I've ordered from Devon Coffee Company a few times.

 

On 17/11/2020 at 18:19, Sebinho9 said:

I just wanted to give a shout out to No.13 Coffee roasters https://no13.coffee/products-1

I just moved to Northants and found them via Instagram recommended on a local page. Tim & Maria have some wonderful beans and are only a couple of miles down the road. Tim dropped some off yesterday the day after roasting.

I have so far sampled their Bukonzo Dream from Uganda (deliciously earthy and chocolatey) and a samples of their blend and a couple of samples Tim hasn't even put on the website yet. Really great coffee. In London I used to get Ozone but I'll support my local roasters now! (I'm spoiled here as I'm really close to the Roastery at Bella Barista as well.)

They also have two Giant Bernese Mountain Dogs, whom I met when I accidentally turned up at their house to pick up coffee thinking it was a shop 😂.

 

On 22/11/2020 at 12:04, Mouldy said:

Brand new to this coffee "thang" and have been looking for some local roasters. Used the map here to find one in Winchester, but have now been led to another in Alsford buy a friend:-

Hampshire's Hand Roasted Specialty Coffee– Moon Roast Coffee

 

On 25/11/2020 at 17:25, SDM said:

Saints Coffee are a new roaster based in Northampton.

They have plans to open a coffee shop but this has been delayed due to covid so they have opened as online only for now.

I haven't tried them yet, will give them a go once I have used up some of the backlog in the freezer.

 

 

 

On 30/11/2020 at 22:15, melaac said:

Another great one for your list is Naked Roaster Coffee 

www.nakedroaster.com 

Thanks in advance

 

On 12/12/2020 at 10:31, ValeTudoGuy said:

I would recommend https://www.exchangecoffee.co.uk/

When I lived in Preston I used their Clitheroe shop a lot. But they also have a presence in Skipton, Todmorden and Blackburn

 

20 hours ago, Stox said:

I try to establish what kind of business the roaster is and keep it as local as possible. For example, more than one of my potential local roasters are actually coffee shop chains and their roasting operations are very clearly directed towards the supply of consistent blends to the cafes.  if you like what they serve in the cafes and you want to produce a similar experience for yourself this is clearly the way to go. Another business model may be oriented towards supplying commercial customers (hotels/restaurants/independently run cafes) whilst also doing small lots of single origin beans for retail customers like me.

I have always been interested in coffee and, when the first lockdown put all the coffee shops out of action, was pushed into buying an espresso machine/grinder in order to satisfy my requirements for espresso-based drinks. Working from home without the expense of commuting meant I have the spare cash (and time) do make this a hobby and I have been working around local roasters to see what they offer. I would particularly call out the following:

https://pharmacie.coffee/  - they are within walking distance so I can order one day and pick up the next. 

https://www.roastedbean.co.uk/ - I am currently working my way through a couple of their beans. The website, whilst quite pretty, doesn't necessarily reflect what they have in stock but you can have an online chat session, via the website, with the roaster to see what's good and then put in an order.

A good site for searching out beans is http://coffeediff.co.uk/ but be aware that, whilst there are a *lot* of roasters represented, it's by no means all that are available.

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Waitforme said:

Glen Lyon coffee roasters in Perthshire are worthy of being on the list, have used them on and off over the past few years.

All added (couldn't find a location for roastedbean, so just dropped in the centre of Brighton

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Alchemy is on the list but the link might need updating as they recently relaunched their web site: Alchemy Coffee

They are based in SW London and a good choice for those of us 'enjoying' London water.  I find the tasting notes more accurate in terms of what I can achieve at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Beerista said:

Also Crankhouse Coffee aren't on the list. 

Awesome coffee from them last year!! 

Damn, don't let the cat out of the bag..

but seriously Crankhouse do produce some great products. 

I would really like to identify where I can get some light/lighter roasted coffees or for more roasters to identify where thats the case. I want to explore the capabilities of the Slayer and filter is no longer an indicator with an Omni roaster. I also appreciate now that colour is not necessarily an indicator of a light roast so just getting a Tonino wont help me. 

Using long bloom or prebrews is not the best approach for coffees above med/light I find but knowing if they are light or not would help my initial approach to brewing and subsequent experimentation. Selfish I know! So if there are any roasters that either classify their roast levels with a coffee, publicly or privately (noting that an omni roasted coffee could be a light roast) , or are prepared to be a bit flexible i'd be happy to hear about them. In here or via PM. 

Forgive me if I come across as needy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Damn, don't let the cat out of the bag..
but seriously Crankhouse do produce some great products. 
I would really like to identify where I can get some light/lighter roasted coffees or for more roasters to identify where thats the case. I want to explore the capabilities of the Slayer and filter is no longer an indicator with an Omni roaster. I also appreciate now that colour is not necessarily an indicator of a light roast so just getting a Tonino wont help me. 
Using long bloom or prebrews is not the best approach for coffees above med/light I find but knowing if they are light or not would help my initial approach to brewing and subsequent experimentation. Selfish I know! So if there are any roasters that either classify their roast levels with a coffee, publicly or privately (noting that an omni roasted coffee could be a light roast) , or are prepared to be a bit flexible i'd be happy to hear about them. In here or via PM. 
Forgive me if I come across as needy!

Phil I’ll pass you on to wonderland I’m sure he’ll be happy to work with you
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mpbradford said:

@KTD That sounds like a great idea.  Less than 10k apart - delivery/collection by bike😉

It would appear we are both cyclists so it is clearly a plan. The 'Red Angel' aka my new grinder is due early next week so an ideal opportunity to commence exploratory activities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been locked, unfortunately there has been considerable abuse of this facility and moderators have had to do a fair bit of work to track such abuse down.  A decision is being made how to best move forward with this list in future in a way that is fair to our paying advertisers and equally gives value to members.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mod Team

  • Like 1

Nothing here...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.


    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!


    Donate / Sponsor

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     


×
×
  • Create New...