Surprised they were not on there already, did Assembly not feature on LSOL a year or so back? If I am not mistaken it was a gud un/
Volcano is my go-to if I run out of beans too. Mainly because a decent coffee shop on the way home from work stocks them & I like the liquorice notes of their house offering.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

On 16/07/2019 at 18:32, ashcroc said:
On 16/07/2019 at 17:21, Syenitic said:
Surprised they were not on there already, did Assembly not feature on LSOL a year or so back? If I am not mistaken it was a gud un/

Volcano is my go-to if I run out of beans too. Mainly because a decent coffee shop on the way home from work stocks them & I like the liquorice notes of their house offering.

Nice one:-) What's the coffee shop? 

I think the LSOL Coffee was the Santa Theresa Panama Natural .It was when we were roasting on Giesen's before moving to Loring actually.  Should probably do it over again soon or maybe a code for the community or something.at least. 

• Like 2

I think the LSOL Coffee was the Santa Theresa Panama Natural .It was when we were roasting on Giesen's before moving to Loring actually.  Should probably do it over again soon or maybe a code for the community or something.at least. 
Smoothbean round the corner from Esat Croydon Station.

1 hour ago, ashcroc said:
1 hour ago, Torrefazione said:

Smoothbean round the corner from Esat Croydon Station.

Ahh yep  John With the KVW Mirage. Lovely spot! Send him our best from the roastery! You're quite close to our roastery then by the sounds of it. Drop me a message if you'd like to visit some time 

• Like 2

now that you've brought it up, what was the reason for you to switch from Giesen to Loring? if I may ask
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hasi said:

now that you've brought it up, what was the reason for you to switch from Giesen to Loring? if I may ask emoji56.png

1. Emissions - effectively 0 emissions which is both a responsibility thing and  crucial for us given that we're roasting on what is basically a high street in Brixton. 

2. Versatility. We profile and source differently for Volcano and Assembly. Plus  we're a little more exploratory with Av which the Loring lends itself to. 

3. Shelf Life - in our experience Loring roasts hold up better over time. 

4. Efficiency - pound for pound they roast more coffee, more consistently and faster. 

We still have a Giesen sample (15kg and a 35kg Loring) which we love though 🙂

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Torrefazione said:

1. Emissions - effectively 0 emissions which is both a responsibility thing and  crucial for us given that we're roasting on what is basically a high street in Brixton. 

2. Versatility. We profile and source differently for Volcano and Assembly. Plus  we're a little more exploratory with Av which the Loring lends itself to. 

3. Shelf Life - in our experience Loring roasts hold up better over time. 

4. Efficiency - pound for pound they roast more coffee, more consistently and faster. 

We still have a Giesen sample (15kg and a 35kg Loring) which we love though 🙂

Thanks Michael!
The Kestrel seems to be gold standard these days :cool: nice machine!!

I think the UK Roasters list needs an overhaul and the criteria or adding new roasters need to be made clear in the initial post.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I'm too lazy to read through 21 pages but just in case nobody else has mentioned them I've had good experiences with Coffee Direct. They give a roasting date and it has always been very recent. (A day before despatch usually.) Smokey Joe is lovely if you like dark roasts. A good alternative to my usual Coffee Compass. One point to note, they sell in imperial measures so a big bag is 908g and so on.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Hi all.

we are looking who can supplier arabica coffee bean to our coffee shop at hatfield. At the moment we use Piacetto mixed robusta and arabica beans which OK. Please feel free to suggest supplier to me. TIA.

wan

Hi all.
we are looking who can supplier arabica coffee bean to our coffee shop at hatfield. At the moment we use Piacetto mixed robusta and arabica beans which OK. Please feel free to suggest supplier to me. TIA.
wan

Speak to Richard Jansz at coffee compass, you’ll be looking at between £11-£15 a kilo depending on quantity. For something cheaper Keith at treviso coffee has some decent blends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, KTD said:

Speak to Richard Jansz at coffee compass, you’ll be looking at between £11-£15 a kilo depending on quantity. For something cheaper Keith at treviso coffee has some decent blends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use at least a kilo per day here. Ok. I try to contact them. Thank you for help. 

We use at least a kilo per day here. Ok. I try to contact them. Thank you for help. 
Volcano Coffee Works is also worth considering or you could maybe see if there are any local Hertfordshire based roasters.

I don't know if Monmouth has been mentioned? I only drink decaf, but my son has been buying from them in Covent Garden and reports that they are super helpful and the coffee is absolutely top tier. 

Gaggia Baby 2002 and 2005, Mazzer Major, Motta 58.4mm tamper

On 16/01/2010 at 17:24, Glenn said:

One of the most common questions we see on Coffee Forums UK is 'where can I get freshly roasted beans in the UK?'

Below is a list of UK Roasters who have a web presence / sell beans on their websites

This list is in Alphabetical order and is a work in progress

Please feel free to add to this list (suggestions will be pasted into this post)

Adams and Russell

Alchemy Coffee

Allpress Espresso

Angelucci Coffee

Artisan Roast

Baytown Coffee Roasters

Bean Brothers

Beanmachines

Bean Smitten

Bella Barista and The Roastery

Butterworth & Son

Campbell & Syme

Capital Roasters

Casa Espresso

Cast Iron Coffee Roasters

Climpson and Sons

CoffeeBeanShop

Coffee Compass

Coffeelink

Coffee Mango

CoffeePlant

Coffee Real

Coleman Coffee

Crafted Coffee Company

Craft House Coffee

Dear Green

Django Coffee Co

DJ Miles

Drury

Dusty Ape

Extract Coffee

Fazenda UK

Ferraris Coffee

Flaming Beans

Footprint Coffee

Fortitude Coffee Roasters

Garraways

Grumpy Mule

Hands-On Coffee Roasters

Happy Donkey

Hasbean

Hilltop Brews

Home Ground Coffee

Horsham Coffee Roasters

HR Higgins

Imperial Teas

Ismail Coffee

J. Atkinson & Co

James Gourmet

Little and Long

Londinium Espresso (now in NZ)

MacBeans

Machina (Edinburgh)

ManCoCo

Markus Coffee

Maude Coffee Roasters

Mission Coffee Works

Monsoon Estates

Neighbourhood Coffee

North Star Roasters

Nude Espresso

Ouseburn Coffee Company

Origin

Ozone Coffee Roasters

Pact Coffee

Pollards

Pumphrey's

Rave Coffee

Reads Coffee

Real Deal Roasters

Redber

Roberts

Roundhill Roastery

Rounton Coffee Roasters

ScandinavianCoffeePod

Silver Oak Coffee

Small Batch Coffee

Smith's Coffee

Smith Street Coffee Roasters

Smokey Barn Coffee Roasters

Square Mile

Steampunk Coffee

Stokes Coffee

Super Fine Coffee

The Bean Shop

The Blending Room

The Coffee Bean Van and Roaster

The Ethiopian Coffee Company

The Steamie

Thistledown Cottage Coffee

Thomsons Coffee

Two Day Coffee Roasters

UE Coffee Roasters

Union Hand Roasted

Unorthodox Roasters

Williams and Johnson

Winchester Coffee Roasters

W Martyn

Wogan Coffee

Workshop Coffee

York Coffee Emporium

Your Grind

80 Stone Coffee Roasters

92 Degrees

Hi Glenn.

We would appreciate being added to the list. Black Cat Coffee www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Many thanks

Hi! We would love to be added to the list! www.coffeedrip.co.uk
Most appreciated! Thanks
Well hello nameless person, how about introducing and contributing and then ask for a favour?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasi said:

Well hello nameless person, how about introducing and contributing and then ask for a favour?

They’re pretty mysterious, no contact details on their website save for an email address, no physical address, and the ‘about’ page is about as meaningless as it could be.

BE1E5010-BC13-4527-8594-7A70488FEF32.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Gerrard Burrard said:

Hi @Glenn or another mod. Could the URL for Fortitude be updated  to https://www.fortitudecoffee.com/ please?

Also, could Obadiah https://obadiahcoffee.com/ be added please?

Thanks

Done :)

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

If regular members copy me in with a recommendation for a [suitable] roaster I can add them to the list.

• Like 2