I don’t know if anyone has come across this company frontlinecoffee.co.uk ? I haven’t placed an order yet but from the website info they’re a small batch, roast to order company that supports frontline services in the UK with 100% of their profits.

No single origins just blends, but I might give them a try next month as it’s a worthy cause.

Taking the plunge

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40301[/ATTACH]

Hi Catpuccino, how did you find Javebean?

Gareth

My specialty coffee roasters in London has been going since January. Before we were solely an SCA barista training school but students kept asking us launch a roastery!

Credo Coffee. Check it out

Phil

Posted (edited)

What about Presto Coffee?  

Edited by Déjà brew

Do they roast their own, or get someone else to do it?

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Could I recommend 200 Degrees (https://200degs.com/)

I use their subscription service and have freshly roasted beans delivered every two weeks through the Royal Mail - you can buy straight from their coffee shops as well.

Sage Barista Express | Acaia Lunar | 200 Degrees ‘Brazilian Love Affair’ | Motta 53mm Leveller & Tamper 

No you can't haha If I am mistaken I have been known to be. A few people say it;'t not great Boom 3 posts and a Link.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Hi Catpuccino, how did you find Javebean?

Gareth
Sorry, notification must've got lost. The Rwandan makes a stonking v60 for the £14/kg it's up for at the moment. I didn't have much luck with the Guatemalan – but most of this order had to end up in the freezer due to accidently having to much at home. More findings to come...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

https://www.strangerscoffee.com/

Strangers are a firm favourite in Norwich where I'm based. We built their site and my agency has a wholesale account with them. Between us we get through many KGs per week!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tait said:

https://www.strangerscoffee.com/

Strangers are a firm favourite in Norwich where I'm based. We built their site and my agency has a wholesale account with them. Between us we get through many KGs per week!

Had the good fortune to use Strangers for coffee at home 2 or 3 times in the last 12 months and never disappointed me.

• Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

For anyone based in Chester , https://lostbarncoffee.co.uk/ is a great spot. I've messaged them my order, collected some freshly roasted beans and were happy to give me the grand tour of the roastery (located in Tilston).

If you get caught short on beans they are stocked in Just Footprints, the eco friendly shop, in the Forum Shopping Centre (Chester Market).

• Like 1

Not going  to link drop on a first post but can I suggest adding our two roasteries:

Assembly Coffee and Volcano Coffee Works to this list.  Roasted in Brixton and West Norwood (London) respectively. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

First post is usually Hi I am so and so. Might as well put the link in cant dig a corner in a round room can you.

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

18 hours ago, Jony said:

First post is usually Hi I am so and so. Might as well put the link in cant dig a corner in a round room can you.

Apologies Jony. From what I'd read in this thread it isn't unusual to jump straight in. 

I'm Michael, the co-founder, of Assembly Coffee. 

• Like 1

Can we add Assembly and Volcano Coffee Works please @Tait @Rhys 😁 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I am Jony

• Haha 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

4 minutes ago, Charlie-E said:

https://shop.darkwoodscoffee.co.uk/collections/award-winning-coffees

Amazing variety , something for all palates

For those that it matter too, Dark Woods don't roast to order. 

Instagram - rjw_inc

2 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

For those that it matter too, Dark Woods don't roast to order. 

PLACING YOUR ORDER Minimum orders for wholesale pricing are 6kg of coffee (this can be mixed across coffee and pack size), with complimentary delivery for orders of 12kg and more (or 24 retail units). All orders are shipped by UPS. Please place your order via email or phone and we will roast the coffee to order and ship within 5 working days. If you prefer rested coffee (typically for espresso machines; available from our House range), please ask. We require card or cash payments for initial orders but if you wish to order more regularly, please request a credit account form. Twitter @darkwoodscoffee Instagram darkwoodscoffee & darkwoodscoffeeroaster Email [email protected] Dark Woods Coffee, Holme Mills, Marsden. Yorkshire. HD7 6LS

14 minutes ago, Charlie-E said:

PLACING YOUR ORDER Minimum orders for wholesale pricing are 6kg of coffee (this can be mixed across coffee and pack size), with complimentary delivery for orders of 12kg and more (or 24 retail units). All orders are shipped by UPS. Please place your order via email or phone and we will roast the coffee to order and ship within 5 working days. If you prefer rested coffee (typically for espresso machines; available from our House range), please ask. We require card or cash payments for initial orders but if you wish to order more regularly, please request a credit account form. Twitter @darkwoodscoffee Instagram darkwoodscoffee & darkwoodscoffeeroaster Email [email protected] Dark Woods Coffee, Holme Mills, Marsden. Yorkshire. HD7 6LS

I ordered two bags one was 9 days past roast , one was near two weeks. That had a best before date on , not a roast date that was 6 months from roast. 

Like I say to alot , it won't matter but that's my experience of ordering retail bags.

Instagram - rjw_inc

On 08/07/2019 at 12:37, MildredM said:

Can we add Assembly and Volcano Coffee Works please @Tait @Rhys 😁 

Surprised they were not on there already, did Assembly not feature on LSOL a year or so back? If I am not mistaken it was a gud un/