Sign in to follow this  
Fidel23

Hey new member here, anyone know how to clean a Breville BES900XL ?

Hello all,

really excited to be here. Anyways my question is this.

I am looking for an espresso machine, every now and again I will see a used Breville BES900XL dual boiler pop up at a reasonably price. I'd snag one, but I keep hearing that inorder to descale the machine you would have to send it in to the company to have a professional descale performed. My question is does anyone have any experience with this machine? and is it possible for me to do this descaling/cleaning myself?

Hello all,

really excited to be here. Anyways my question is this.

I am looking for an espresso machine, every now and again I will see a used Breville BES900XL dual boiler pop up at a reasonably price. I'd snag one, but I keep hearing that inorder to descale the machine you would have to send it in to the company to have a professional descale performed. My question is does anyone have any experience with this machine? and is it possible for me to do this descaling/cleaning myself?

Hi there. I don't think this machine was released in the uk. It was a US machine so you might not find many on here who know about it.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

From what I read the fact you couldn't descale it yourself was a big negative. Not sure if there was a way round it.

Hi there. I don't think this machine was released in the uk. It was a US machine so you might not find many on here who know about it.

Australian machine please :p lol

The new version has drainage taps fitted to get around this so I would think that as this is one of the "new" features what you have heard about the 900XL is correct, if you are in the UK and looking at buying a used 900XL don't bother unless it is an Australian 240v version as the USA versions are 110v and you would need a step down transformer of quite a high rating to run one on UK mains voltage. If you are in the USA ignore the advice about voltage etc. I would imagine if you managed some further research regarding the machine using google then if anyone has found a way to descale it properly themselves then it should be relatively easy to find, as it wasn't ever released here then there isn't really a body of knowledge amongst forum members about it, you might have better luck posting on Home Barista or one of the Australian forums.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

Australian machine please :p lol

The new version has drainage taps fitted to get around this so I would think that as this is one of the "new" features what you have heard about the 900XL is correct, if you are in the UK and looking at buying a used 900XL don't bother unless it is an Australian 240v version as the USA versions are 110v and you would need a step down transformer of quite a high rating to run one on UK mains voltage. If you are in the USA ignore the advice about voltage etc. I would imagine if you managed some further research regarding the machine using google then if anyone has found a way to descale it properly themselves then it should be relatively easy to find, as it wasn't ever released here then there isn't really a body of knowledge amongst forum members about it, you might have better luck posting on Home Barista or one of the Australian forums.

Oops, my bad. Australian.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.