Mrboots2u

Sold K30 es Grinder £650

Any idea of postage costs? (To Leicestershire)

And have you ever had issues dialling in for Espresso with the stepped adjustment (as opposed to stepless)? I've wanted a K30 for a while, but always leaned towards the Vario as I worried that the steps on the ES would cause much annoyance.

Lastly, did you replace the plastic LCD cover that was faulty?

Daily Espresso: Rocket R58 / Mahlkönig K30 ES

Daily Brewed: Kalita Wave #185 / Mahlkönig Home Vario

Other Brewers: Aeropress, Kalita Caffe Uno, Hario V60-01 and V60-02, Bonavita 2-cup Ceramic Dripper, Bodum French Press

Other Grinders: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso, Hario Mini Mill Slim

Roaster: Gene Café

Personal Site: jakepeters.co.uk

Work Site: slaytfit.com

Any idea of postage costs? (To Leicestershire)

And have you ever had issues dialling in for Espresso with the stepped adjustment (as opposed to stepless)? I've wanted a K30 for a while, but always leaned towards the Vario as I worried that the steps on the ES would cause much annoyance.

Lastly, did you replace the plastic LCD cover that was faulty?

I have the LCD cover here , I haven't replaced it yet .

Postage I can look at this evening for a quote .

Dialling in and stepped . Honestly no , the steps are pretty small , I Ve never really found it an issue .

These are a few of the stepped k30 on here , ask the others who have had one or have one .

Marky p , coffee johnny , coffee chap . Could you give an opinion other than mine as to whether the steps are an issue for espresso please ?

The vario ones , are not as common second hand , and would command a greater price than this one . Apart form the screen , it's In great knick.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Ok, that's all good. As long as you haven't found a problem that's cool with me!

I doubt postage will be too awful, so I'd like to take it for £650 if that's OK?

Other Brewers: Aeropress, Kalita Caffe Uno, Hario V60-01 and V60-02, Bonavita 2-cup Ceramic Dripper, Bodum French Press

Yep sure , sold pending payment .

Am at work now . I'll look at shipping costs or see if anyone is going that way soon .

I'll take a few more photos so sure you can see its condition .

Instagram - rjw_inc

I have never found dialling in to be difficult with the steps and I actually think it helps as you have a frame of reference to base any adjustments off.

The gaps between steps isn't large and I find it much easier to dial in than my previous Mazzer.

Ease of use, distribution and shot quality is first rate.

it's quick, and also something that saves a lot of time in that it is very tidy grinder - very little grounds go anywhere else other than into the basket.

I hope this helps!

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

MarkyP - thanks - that's awesome. Kinda what I was thinking too, at the moment I think stepped will remove a little bit of the stress of adjustment! Cheers for taking the time to reply :)

Mrboots2u - Great, PM me with shipping costs and payment details whenever's good for you :) Looking forward to getting it and having a play!

MarkyP - thanks - that's awesome. Kinda what I was thinking too, at the moment I think stepped will remove a little bit of the stress of adjustment! Cheers for taking the time to reply :)

Mrboots2u - Great, PM me with shipping costs and payment details whenever's good for you :) Looking forward to getting it and having a play!

It will be a step up from the mignion .first thing you'll notice is that it takes 4 seconds for a double and no clumps at all.

Instagram - rjw_inc

Sounds brilliant. The Mignon is pretty slow, and I hate WDT with a passion. I'm looking forward to having a timed grinder again too!

Lovely looking grinder and all for £650 ! So how much new ? Must be well over 1000 ! Can anyone recommend a grinder that is also capable of clump free fluffy grinds ? Still searching for a grinder to partner La Pavoni

Hottop roaster, Mazzer Super Jolly Areopress, Clever Coffee Dripper

I have never found dialling in to be difficult with the steps and I actually think it helps as you have a frame of reference to base any adjustments off.

The gaps between steps isn't large and I find it much easier to dial in than my previous Mazzer.

Ease of use, distribution and shot quality is first rate.

it's quick, and also something that saves a lot of time in that it is very tidy grinder - very little grounds go anywhere else other than into the basket.

I hope this helps!

Heartily concur with MarkyP. Got mine from Callum_T on the forum. He advised that any slight adjustments ever needed between steps can be made by varying tamp pressure slightly. On the couple of occasions I have needed to do this it has been proven to be good advice. You'll love it once you've used it for a few days. Light years ahead of the home vario!!

Ian

Alex Duetto Mk 4. Della Corte badged Mahlkonig K30 ES. Mahlkonig Home Vario. Aeropress. Hario Cold Brew.

Thanks mark and Ian for some other user experience and opinion, always better to hear of someone other than the seller !

Instagram - rjw_inc

Cheers Ian - good to have another opinion! :)

Just got home with the grinder and dialled it in for the beans I'm using at the moment - brilliant already.

Massive thanks to mrboots2u for an easy and pleasant transaction, and for spending some time explaining stuff to me!!

And thanks also to those who have me info on their experiences!

Just got home with the grinder and dialled it in for the beans I'm using at the moment - brilliant already.

Massive thanks to mrboots2u for an easy and pleasant transaction, and for spending some time explaining stuff to me!!

And thanks also to those who have me info on their experiences!

Nice to meet you today , enjoy the grinder and a pleasure doing business ! Get yourself in the next latte competition .

Instagram - rjw_inc

Great to meet you too! I'm loving it already. Although I'm not sure I'll be getting any sleep tonight - far too much coffee.

Managed to replace the screen too, easy enough, just popped right off (with the help of a knife for leverage) and the new one clicked straight into place. Looked harder than it was!

I'll try to get involved with the next latte art competition, I'll see what my schedule's like closer to the time!

Thanks again.

Great to meet you too! I'm loving it already. Although I'm not sure I'll be getting any sleep tonight - far too much coffee.

Managed to replace the screen too, easy enough, just popped right off (with the help of a knife for leverage) and the new one clicked straight into place. Looked harder than it was!

I'll try to get involved with the next latte art competition, I'll see what my schedule's like closer to the time!

Thanks again.

Need to change your signature if you haven't already and get a photo of the whole set up ....

Instagram - rjw_inc

Sorry to bump a completed sale.

Mrboots2u - where did you buy the short hopper from please? Is there some kind of mod or cheaper alternatives like with the mazer collapsable camera lens hood that will fit the grinder? Thanks

Gaggia Classic (IMS screen & basket, OPV, Silvia & PID mod) | Mahlkonig K30

Majnu you must have bought the k30 off eBay last night?

AKA Toffee chips

You can buy a short hopper from mahlkonig uk, or modify a mazzer hopper

AKA Toffee chips

I didn't know what dalla corte was but a quick google eventually bought me to this thread. But yes it was the one of ebay. It must have been fate as i've been constantly losing out on ebay bidding on mazzers or someone getting there first on gumtree.

You may have been the chap speaking to the seller when I arrived about having it serviced etc.

But anyway I've finally got a decent grinder and the Krups will have the rest of it's life used to grind spices. :)

I need to get out the tape measure later and see what space I have to work with but it's not much probably around 9cm from the collar. I'll find out the hopper size from Mahlkonig, cheers.

Gaggia Classic (IMS screen & basket, OPV, Silvia & PID mod) | Mahlkonig K30

No put two and two together, you are in Manchester, you have asked about a k30 hopper, seller in Manchester and item has just been removed from eBay. Well done you will love that grinder

AKA Toffee chips

Hi Majnu, I also managed to buy a K30 off ebay and had a similar problem of locating it with the massive bean hopper. I Replaced it with a Lakeland Plastics jam funnel and a Cork stopper bought from ebay:- http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?13620-K30-mini-Hopper&p=128438#post128438 Great grinder by the way, enjoy.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)