Advice needed re Mazzer Major Electronic titanium grinder blades

Hi all, been a while but I am still roasting, grinding and drinking good coffee. Well I was until this morning. I decided to treat myself to some new burrs for my Mazzer Major Electronic. I bought a new set of titanium coated burrs ref T151B advertised as for the Major and Royal. Problem is the outer cutting edges of the blades seem to get almost instantly jammed full of fine grinds and then the the rest of the beans just sit in the middle unable to move across the blades. I noticed that the design of the cutting edges is different to the original fitted burrs. I put the original burrs back on and no such problem. Grinding fine.

So did I buy the wrong burrs or is there some type of bedding in procedure? Possibly the 151B do not agree with the higher RPM of the Major and suit the Royal better. Any advice very welcome.

Edited by rob1902

Bezzera BZ99 La Pavoni Europiccolo Mazzer Major E VST 17g & 22g RB 58mm, MBK VST 58.35mm, Aeropress, Cona, Kalita wave, CCD, Gene Cafe roaster, Cona, Hario, Hellem Sintrax syphons.

Thanks Gary. I've sent a copy of the post to Coffeehit so hopefully they can help resolve this.

Bezzera BZ99 La Pavoni Europiccolo Mazzer Major E VST 17g & 22g RB 58mm, MBK VST 58.35mm, Aeropress, Cona, Kalita wave, CCD, Gene Cafe roaster, Cona, Hario, Hellem Sintrax syphons.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo