Sign in to follow this  
jeebsy

LAC first round match: C_squared vs Neil

Whose art is best?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Whose art is best?

First post updated...get your votes in!

I've done the honourable and brotherly thing and voted for Neill. At least we can both sit back and enjoy the other matches now!

Nice no.2 c_squared

Thanks, no idea where that came from. I nearly dropped the cup when I saw what was happening!

well done guys...good effort both of you:good:

Mazzer Super Jolly

Aeropress

Gene Cafe Currently Roasting : Costa Rica Tarrazu

Thanks for the family feud fun, very entertaining . C squared as an adopted northerner ( like myself ) well done for pour no 2 . Neil enjoy the whiskey!

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I don't think you've got your glasses on tonight! Colin's second is better than anything I've ever poured! That'll teach me to not practice!

I was bigging you up! Do you think taking part has improved your art?

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

I was bigging you up! Do you think taking part has improved your art?

No, not really, maybe if I'd practiced. I think my microfoam has got better. But you know what they say, it's not the size of your bubbles, it's what you do with them!

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

Vote for C_Squared . it get better. Well done!

Thanks Anthony, have you any tips for how to improve my pours?!?

Thanks Anthony, have you any tips for how to improve my pours?!?

I'm not sure. Maybe thinner foam is slightly better, it's help your pour looks clear and sharpen:cool:

I'm not sure. Maybe thinner foam is slightly better, it's help your pour looks clear and sharpen:cool:

The milk was a little thick this evening. I love that you can tell from a crappy photo what I had done wrong!!

Well done guys! Very entertaining :)

Giotto Evo v1 | Super Jolly | OE Lido | Chemex | Tiamo Kettle

Just out of curiosity, who got into the home espresso thing first? Or did it happen simultaneously without any communication about plans to get into it through a mysterious brotherly connection?

Sage Dual Boiler/ EK43 /Technivorm Moccamaster/Feldgrind / Aeropress / Clever Dripper /Bodum & Le Creuset Cafétières

Great battle - loved the pre-match entertainment

Londinium L1 | Compak E8

Just out of curiosity, who got into the home espresso thing first? Or did it happen simultaneously without any communication about plans to get into it through a mysterious brotherly connection?

Haha, no mysterious brotherly connection going on. I only started drinking coffee about 12 months ago and picked up my classic in June. Neill's been at it a little longer which helped give me a head start as he basically told me what I should be doing.

Come to think of it there was a bit if a brotherly connection in the pre match banter. Both of us separately coordinated the gathering of embarrassing photos from the past and thought we had caught the other out.

Great battle - loved the pre-match entertainment

I said to Neill shortly after CC drew us together that I wasn't so much worried about failing to produce any sort of art but failing in the pre match banter. I'm glad you found it entertaining!

Haha, I'm coming from an only child perspective here so just curious! Both good efforts guys! It's difficult producing anything decent without the pressure of it being a competition as it is! Getting the milk right is the first challenge and then managing to use it properly is the next! Many a day I've petulantly tossed my milk jug in the sink in a huff, annoyed at failing to produce something decent from what looked like perfect milk! We'll get there one day! :)

Sage Dual Boiler/ EK43 /Technivorm Moccamaster/Feldgrind / Aeropress / Clever Dripper /Bodum & Le Creuset Cafétières

Haha, I'm coming from an only child perspective here so just curious! Both good efforts guys! It's difficult producing anything decent without the pressure of it being a competition as it is! Getting the milk right is the first challenge and then managing to use it properly is the next! Many a day I've petulantly tossed my milk jug in the sink in a huff, annoyed at failing to produce something decent from what looked like perfect milk! We'll get there one day! :)

I have three brothers, so I would have expected that brotherly connection to have got a little lost!

You're right about it being frustrating, I have absolutely no consistency but as long as it tastes good in happy!

Loved the pre-match banter.

I've got to say I'm even more impressed with your pour c-squared considering how long you've had your machine!

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Loved the pre-match banter.

I've got to say I'm even more impressed with your pour c-squared considering how long you've had your machine!

Thanks Darren. Like I say, I got a significant head start by learning from Neill. I was absolutely hopeless at steaming milk until I was over in Northern Ireland in the summer and Neill showed me what I should be doing. I've also picked up loads of tips from the forum which have made a big difference.

Thanks Darren. Like I say, I got a significant head start by learning from Neill. I was absolutely hopeless at steaming milk until I was over in Northern Ireland in the summer and Neill showed me what I should be doing. I've also picked up loads of tips from the forum which have made a big difference.

Let's be honest too, it was one of our younger brothers David who showed us how it's done initially. He worked in a coffee shop for a while and picked up some skills.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

Well done brother, through to the next round. At least I can relax and watch your next efforts. Besides I've still the rest of that photo album to post.

Well done brother, through to the next round. At least I can relax and watch your next efforts. Besides I've still the rest of that photo album to post.

Haha, I was thinking of calling on your services as tactical advisor