jeebsy

Least crap latte art competition

Have you seen Boots new profile PIC! He's sporting the LCLA trophy - luck sod. I'm so envious!

Maybe it should be passed on each week to the current champ (or we can get another designed as I wouldn't want to rob the rightful proud owner of the maiden trophy - you deserve it Boots)

As reigning champ , I am having a trophy made up( suitably coffee based ) this week hopefully . This will be passed onto the next winner . As soon as ready ill post a picture up to whet your appetite!

Can I take it that LCLA is our official name ?

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

We still need a judge or are we going for the voting idea.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

Tell you what. If we're heading for and overall LCLA champion I'll put in a wee prize. I'll order the winner a kg bag of rave coffee.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

I hope you aren't casting doubt over my graphic design abilities Daren? 😉

Maybe you could tattoo each winner on the forehead - a real badge of honour "LCLA 2013" :D

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Depends if everyone would prefer a one-off knockout or an ongoing thing - the ongoing thing could be good fun, although think in that case it would be best if the champ defended his title the following week (in which case i'll stand aside as Neill got in first and let him fight it out with Boots)

I favour the 2 person comp - winner stays on format. Love the support each person gets. The banter and friendly rivalry is what does it for me. Maybe have an overall 2013 Champ drawn from all entries at the end of the year by ballot.

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

once i am capable of producing anything resembling a rosetta, then I may be up for this:D

Mazzer Super Jolly

Aeropress

Gene Cafe Currently Roasting : Costa Rica Tarrazu

once i am capable of producing anything resembling a rosetta, then I may be up for this:D

Nah, get involved now, it's part of the fun.

So what's the opinion then? Winner stays on or do a tournament?

Im in........pours have been terrible lately due to lack of practise

@garydyke1

So what's the opinion then? Winner stays on or do a tournament?

I like the tournament idea but maybe only one or two battles a week (depending on entries) so we can have a bit of banter/get behind the entrants.

Maybe you could tattoo each winner on the forehead - a real badge of honour "LCLA 2013" :D

Sure, we'll just do it without ink so it last a week or so... ;)

I think someone should devise a voting system

Ok here's my suggestion, feel free to change it. We find out how many want to get involved. Draw pairs for the first round then on a Monday create a thread for each pair to fight it out that week so people can have a bit of banter (preferably only 1 or 2 each week). Throw down to take place on Friday with best of 3 attempts over 30mins to be posted by 8.30pm. We then have a poll to vote on the winner to be open until Sunday evening with the winner going through to the next round.

That's roughly what I had in mind too.

Ok here's my suggestion, feel free to change it. We find out how many want to get involved. Draw pairs for the first round then on a Monday create a thread for each pair to fight it out that week so people can have a bit of banter (preferably only 1 or 2 each week). Throw down to take place on Friday with best of 3 attempts over 30mins to be posted by 8.30pm. We then have a poll to vote on the winner to be open until Sunday evening with the winner going through to the next round.

Sounds Great.

Would be good to come up with a system whereby something is included in the photo and only advised at the start of the 30min period to the contestants.

Not that I would imagine anyone here would cheat in such a good natured competition:D

Mazzer Super Jolly

Aeropress

Gene Cafe Currently Roasting : Costa Rica Tarrazu

Just wondering, but if this does take off, would giving it it's own sub form with a sticky of the next match and rankings not be a good idea?

Im in........pours have been terrible lately due to lack of practise

As long as we put you up against the swede

AKA Toffee chips

As long as we put you up against the swede

I'll mash the swede up with milk n butter ! Boooom !

@garydyke1

Sounds Great.

Would be good to come up with a system whereby something is included in the photo and only advised at the start of the 30min period to the contestants.

Not that I would imagine anyone here would cheat in such a good natured competition:D

Sounds like a plan. Announce the drawing/item that must be included in the photo along with contestants name at the start of the pouring period.

I love mashed swede :)

Just wondering, but if this does take off, would giving it it's own sub form with a sticky of the next match and rankings not be a good idea?

Would be useful to have a sticky of the tournament table and contestants for the week. Suppose we need to get our list of entrants together. What's say we leave this open for a week to collect names and then set it up by next weekend with the first contest the following Friday?

Please don't start adding butter to coffee again!

Sounds like a plan. Announce the drawing/item that must be included in the photo along with contestants name at the start of the pouring period.

Great idea to prevent any nefarious pours.

wow, I see that we have a latte art competition , its sound interesting. Can I join ? :D

No contest Anthony - you'd win hands down;) Where did you learn to do that??

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

wow, I see that we have a latte art competition , its sound interesting. Can I join ? :D

I don't really want to put you off but as per the title most of the entrants (and in sure they won't mind me saying) are enthusiastic but don't have a lot of experience (didn't really want to say we're all a bit shit). Maybe after the main event we could put the winner up against you for some entertainment!