Sign in to follow this  
Fathead

Which machine to buy

Hi guys & girls

im looking to buy an ape coffee van conversion which machine to buy I want duel fuel and there are so many lever auto semi auto and as for manufactures Ahhhhhh

a little background I have used auto machines before and found making coffee reasonably easy

but I want people to see me putting in the skill and effort to make there quality coffee experience special

O yes I want it to look special but be easy lol

Any idea of a budget for the kit . Machine only , or do you need a grinder also ?

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Any idea of a budget for the kit . Machine only , or do you need a grinder also ?

I have a grinder and I have about £2500-£3000

It's a Mazzer not sure of model but it's the on demand type

Ok , grinder is as if not more Important to the quality of your coffee ( I'm sure you know this ) . If you have a robur or a kony then all good . If you have a mini e , then I'd suggest putting some of the budget into matching a grinder with a 3 k machine . You my opinion though , others may disagree.

Instagram - rjw_inc

Ok , grinder is as if not more Important to the quality of your coffee ( I'm sure you know this ) . If you have a robur or a kony then all good . If you have a mini e , then I'd suggest putting some of the budget into matching a grinder with a 3 k machine . You my opinion though , others may disagree.

Ok so maybe machine and grinder any suggestions what and where to look

ps I know very little about espresso machine I'm from a coffee vending background so if you want warm wet stuff in a plastic cup I'm yer man

Ok so maybe machine and grinder any suggestions what and where to look

ps I know very little about espresso machine I'm from a coffee vending background so if you want warm wet stuff in a plastic cup I'm yer man

Ok where abouts are you based . Personally i would try and get some basic experience with making espresso. Either on a course or home machine if you aren't experienced . Making it , even on an expensive machine takes time and practice. There are places that run course, depending on here you are . Limini in bradford for example. If I have under estimated your skills and experience I apologise , but spending £3000 on kit is no guarantee of great coffee without some practice or training.

Instagram - rjw_inc

Hi guys & girls

im looking to buy an ape coffee van conversion which machine to buy I want duel fuel and there are so many lever auto semi auto and as for manufactures Ahhhhhh

a little background I have used auto machines before and found making coffee reasonably easy

but I want people to see me putting in the skill and effort to make there quality coffee experience special O yes I want it to look special but be easy lol

The two are contradictory. Good espresso & espresso based drinks isnt that easy to achieve. You need to know what youre doing

@garydyke1

Yep, but once you know what you are doing it is pretty easy. Thing is do you even like espresso based coffee, and would you know a good one if it it you on the arse?

That might sound flippant, but I think its at the core of why most of the stuff served in the UK is shite.

Edit: question is for Fathead, not Gary ;)

Yep, but once you know what you are doing it is pretty easy. Thing is do you even like espresso based coffee, and would you know a good one if it it you on the arse?

That might sound flippant, but I think its at the core of why most of the stuff served in the UK is shite.

Once you get to know what good espresso should taste like ,and you can make one , the trick will be to deliver it time and time again under pressure of service and customers. Again that's where some training might be needed too. Choice of machines ( one , two group , volumetric ) and grinder wi ( on demand or doser ) will help .

Instagram - rjw_inc

To answer you question I love coffee I have a small bean roaster and domestic machine at home and love to roast beans on a Sunday morning that smell is second to none I have a fairly local bean importer in Bristol where I buy my green beans and they run barista training courses and sell machines they sell Rancilio equipment but don't do a dual fuel so advice is what's needed HELP

Sorry, we aren't being very helpful here....

I think the guy to ask is...,bugger...forgotten his username....the van and roast guy from Aberdare.