IGNORED

Potentially a second northern forum day

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you actually get up to on forum days? I live in Manchester but from Newcastle and may be around Newcastle visiting family and the likes around that time.

At the last one which was held at Bella Barista, we talked and got to know one another, played with the machines BB had out for us with a variety of beans a few roasters had provided gratis, talked to them, they demoed the Gene Cafe roaster and let people try their hand with it (no fires, luckily).

Glenn did a cupping workshop and a milk tasting one too and also showed us the the "Nez Du Cafe" set. Dave (Coffeechap) brought along an L1 and a couple of other lever machines to demo and let us play with. So I guess basically chatted a lot drink a lot of coffee, tried to keep the padlock on the wallet firmly locked, with varying degrees of success and then at the end a few of us went for a meal in a "local" pub that seemed to take a log time to get to for being local lol.

Ok Spoken to Stuart and arranged a provisional 2 dates 28th of June or 5th of July.

The Sample roaster is capable of a 10kg yield so we can get a roast done on the day. Also there could be a run through of a UKBC set and explanations of the process which I think would be interesting.

It is a Roastery and their is also a coffee shop on site which sells all manner of things from commercial machines and grinders through to sugar sticks and stirrers.

The dates picked so they are sufficiently after the UKBCs and don't clash with the WBC also it's before the Schools break up. I will keep on top of this now so any questions fire away.

If we can get started between 10 & 11 that would provide a decent day with the potential afterwards to visit 3-4 coffee shops in Newcastle then get some quality craft beer down in some of the fantastic bars in Newcastle

I'll be attending this as I live 5 minutes away in Winlaton.

I live in an apartment in an old converted church, I have a spare double bedroom with ensuite if anyone is travelling a fair distace and wants to sample a good Geordie night out without fear of being stranded. Offers there lads.

Any chance of a more north-western forum day at any point in the future?

I'd be interested, but I don't drive and can't really spare the money for the train, so if anyone else in Manchester is interested and doesn't mind pooling, obviously for a small donation.....

Any chance of a more north-western forum day at any point in the future?

I'd be interested, but I don't drive and can't really spare the money for the train, so if anyone else in Manchester is interested and doesn't mind pooling, obviously for a small donation.....

In Manchester ? Who lives there then .......