aphelion

£100 for a new grinder

A friend of mine a work is purchasing a gaggia classic.

I've told him it would be wise to invest in a decent burr grinder.

So, can anyone recommend something new for £100? (I know..tough ask!)

Criteria:-

1) It has to look nice

2) It isn't a hand grinder

3) It isn't an Iberital MC2

To make it even tougher, his wife wants a new one, so no second hand ones either...

I appreciate its not ideal, but something to get him going would probably be adequate :coffee:

Cheers

Edited by aphelion

Andy

Wilfa CGWS-130B | Acaia Lunar | Bonavita 1.0L | Kruve | Aeropress | Kaffeologie S

Personally I don't know of anything. As far as I know, MC2 (or perhaps Ascaso i-2 / i-mini) is the cheapest grinder to allow an espresso machine to function as intended, though apparently without spectacular results in the cup.

Cheers, that's what I thought

Andy

Wilfa CGWS-130B | Acaia Lunar | Bonavita 1.0L | Kruve | Aeropress | Kaffeologie S

Don't forget there is the black version of the MC2 nowadays maybe that would be acceptable, or buy a grey one and repaint lol.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

Its as good as you willl get brand new. Such tough limiting criteria. Itll be the worst 100 quid ever spent.

@garydyke1

I will make my answer short, there is no decent grinder for 100 within this criteria

AKA Toffee chips

To be honest there's no choice but second hand at that price and even then you'd need to be lucky.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Lots of brewing equipment</A>

Yep, thanks guys, will try to convince him that secondhand is the way to go

Andy

I can do you a Fracino Piccino grinder new for £168 but you will struggle to get anything decent, new, for £100! Give me a shout if you are interested!

Andy

https://thecoffeebean-vanandroaster.co.uk/

[email protected] 

Toper Cafemino - Fracino Contempo Dual - Fracino K3 - Piaggio Ape............fresh beans!:)

You can get a good second hand commercial grinder for 100. Check on ebay etc. for ads

Care to share? Are there any jumping out at you?

I think you will struggle to fill the original brief?

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

You can get a good second hand commercial grinder for 100. Check on ebay etc. for ads

Bargains are there but few and far between ( see CC £56 two group and grinder bargain ) . . These purchases can be a waste of money tho unless you know what you are looking for , or can visit to see if working and have a mind to be able to replace any parts or burrs that may be needed, along with the cost that these entail.

And try the rocky on the sales thread of £115 currently :)

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

That Rocky looks as good as new, I've just sold one on EBay for > £160.00.

Great value at the asking price and built to last.

Londinium1, Compak K10F.

The Rocky on the for sale forum has gotta be the best deal you're going to get. Just £15 more than your budget

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Ron 

Totally agree with boots. A "commercial" grinder for £100 is a rare beast (and normally that cheap for a reason!)

The Rocky is a bargain (although I wouldn't class it as commercial). It's a superb home grinder - I was really happy with mine and pound for pound gives great results. Someone's gonna be happy!

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

I've posted about the Rocky, just waiting for Johnny to get back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

^^^ You'll be that happy man then Jason ^^^

Well done. :thumbup: