Outlaw333

Gauging Interest for Auber PID'd Silvia and Mazzer Mini(doser model) Plus Accessories

Hi All,

I have for ages now only been drinking brewed coffee and after drinking espressos in Prufrock, I realised I have taken espresso about as far as I care to really and Silvia has been sat redundant on my bar for ages just looking pretty.

So the time has come for her to move on but I thought I'd gauge interest first.

She is a V3 and has an Auber PID with Pre-Infusion and Steam Control with Blue display and is in virtually mint condition, I live in just about the softest water area in the country and descaling has revealed basically a sparkly scale free boiler! regular back flushing and group cleaning means that she is always OCD clean inside and out, she comes with a bunch of baskets including 15g and 18g VST's, Genuine Rancilio Naked Portafilter plus spouted one too, Rattleware and Motta jugs, Cafelat Group cleaning brush, Pallo brush and Pallo steam wand brush and a pretty full tub of Full Circle backflush detergent. Plus a bunch of other little bits and bobs.

Also for Sale my Mazzer Mini doser model, also maintained to the same standard and in virtually mint condition. Comes with the larger hopper normally found on the SJ. I bought it brand new so it's never seen commercial use.

I think I have photos in my albums on here if you want a look. I'll also post links to my Youtube videos when I get round to it. I can also take current pics if you like.

I will say £650 for the lot, £400 for Silvia and accessories and £250 for Mini. + Postage if you can't pick up. I might consider offers.

Please let me know if you are interested. Now this is more of an advertisement I will attach pics when I get home.

Edited by Outlaw333

@Dr_Strangebean

Hi Outlaw

You may have more luck specifying a price and also indicating of your prepared to separate them.

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

You need to include the price(s) along with the above description in order to comply with forum protocol for members selling items.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

That's a shame. I think I remember you buying the new SIlvia last year and passing the older model on to a relative. Darren, is of course right, post an asking price.

There we go, All Done.

Edited by Outlaw333

@Dr_Strangebean

Yeah it is a shame but I am just focusing on brewed coffee and it doesn't seem fair to keep her really!

@Dr_Strangebean

Where are you based as interested in the grinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

Hi there Jason, I'm in North Devon, quite near Barnstaple. Where abouts are you?

@Dr_Strangebean

Haha typical, I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne. Couldn't get further away in England haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

Nick, what the deal with Prufrock and espresso. Did you realise you needed more expensive kit to match what they served you?

@garydyke1

I guess I realised (without trying to toot my own horn) that my espresso at home isn't miles off some of the best espresso served in the country, so I'm thinking short of spending a vast amount of money on a GS3(for which there will always be room on my bar!!) I have gone as far as I can with it really! Brewed coffee really is my thing anyway!

@Dr_Strangebean

Interesting. It was more of the exploritory journey for you rather than the destination.

I enjoy espresso far more now that im comfortable with its production, freedom to explore the coffees themslves rather than explore my failings.

Brewed is more enjoyable isnt it? When done correctly its amazing.

Good luck with the sale : )

@garydyke1

Don't get me wrong, I looooove espresso and I thoroughly enjoy playing about with it but brewed really is where it's at for me, I am in love with the science of coffee as you well know and I find brewed has many more challenges and yields far more unexplored territory than Silvia espresso can provide.

The perfect brew to me is as good as it gets. I am also very inspired by the fact that after all the Uber-ground, Uber-boilered, VSTed brewed coffee I drank in coffee shops around London, my general standard of brewed coffee at home rogers all of it sideways up the stairs!(please excuse my enormous head!) Haha! Which has given me a new sense of confidence for next years brewers cup!

@Dr_Strangebean

Here are a few pics I took this evening, I apologise about the quality and lighting, I had only an iPhone and a crappy lamp. Nothing has been cleaned specially or anything, everything is literally as it is kept day to day. The bits and bobs pictured are everything that I am including in Silvias sale.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

@Dr_Strangebean

I can vouch for Nick, he will have treated that equipment with the highest degree of care. A great package for someone :good:

@garydyke1

Thankyou Gaz, Very much appreciated dude!

@Dr_Strangebean

Sorry friend, didn't realise you were actually asking! I'm afraid I won't be selling the accessories separately but I'm glad you are sorted now.

@Dr_Strangebean

Really interested in taking my espresso to another level with this rig up!

Nick is everything shown in the photos included in the sale?

Cheers,

Jon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

this has got to be right up there as far as single boilers go, and will really offer someone a great set up with practically nothing else to purchase, do the maths folks and you will know what a bargain this set up is!!

AKA Toffee chips

Thanks coffeechap, that was really kind of you to say, much appreciated.

Hi Jon,

Thankyou for your interest, yes all is included in the sale and would see you pulling shots like a god in no time!

@Dr_Strangebean

Hi Nick

Did you manage to find courier costs for shipment to Barrow in Furness?

Kind regards

Jon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo