Posted on behalf of Freddo

* Reluctant sale for financial reasons *

All items have had light use and are in perfect condition.

All purchased by me and original 2010 receipts can be seen.

RANCILIO SILVIA V3 , MAHLKONIG VARIO GRINDER , REG BARBER BULINGA STEEL TAMPER , MOTTA 75cl JUG , PLUS ACCESSORIES , CLEANERS ETC.

£500 for the lot

This is a neat opportunity for someone to acquire well maintained quality equipment in 'good as new' condition, complete with original brochures.

While I would expect potential buyers would want to come to Nottingham to test and try, if you don't have transport to get it home, I could deliver personally to your kitchen for the cost of the petrol - and a cup of coffee.

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Always sad to see things being sold 'for financial reasons'. That said, this is a great opportunity - Silvia paired with a Vario is a great combination.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Hi Lighty,

I'm replying to your PM on here as I think we are supposed to at the negotiation stage

Friday will be OK to view if need be but Saturday or Sunday would be better if you are returning home this way. The accessories are Pallo cleaning brushes for grouphead and milk frothing pipe, Coffee Hit shot glass, almost full large packs of Urnex coffee machine and milk frother cleaner - all worth a few pounds.

As to your offer of £450, I guess as I don't need to deliver across country - as I offered - then that would be reasonable, but I won't go below that!

All the items are virtually perfect but if you require we will get some photos together for you.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for getting back to me ...

apologies if I've gone off track with a pm instead of keeping it on thread

photos would be good, especially for my good lady

I think I pm'd my email?

a quick view would be good on the way - it would be early friday morning probably ... Do you have a time in mind - best for us would be around 9-10

are you need the m1 or a boat ride off ???

£450 sounds good to me if it receives WAF (wife acceptance factor) ;)

hope to hear soon

sean

Hi Lighty,

Friday morning will be OK, let us know your ETA. We will try to upload some pics this afternoon.

Our location is 20mins East of either junction 27 or 26, the A614 will bring you nearer if you don't mind the scenic route and 50mph limit.

We can talk on PM tonight and fill in the details.

Thanks Freddo

Looking forward to meeting you

Lighty

Hi Lighty,

Photos as promised! Machine descaled, cleaned and polished. Looks so good I might change my mind!

No not now. Will PM you shortly with directions100_1253.jpg

100_1248.jpg

100_1250.jpg

100_1252.jpg

Someone has asked if Silvia has been 'out of commission' because it is in such good condition. The machine has been in constant light use since new until yesterday. By light use I mean approx. ten cups per week and has never stood idle for more than two days.

The condition is a tribute to the build quality and shows why these are so popular.

Freddo, if your sale falls through, why not split them up. The Vario will get at least £250 on here and the Sylvia more than that. Thats what I would do, then the sale will appeal to more people mate

Sounds like the sort of use i will be giving it too.

We tend to use our machine 1-2 times a day but not every day

looking forward to a quick viewing and taking it all away !!

The condition is a tribute to the build quality.

I reckon the current owner/users should be commended on its A1 condition!

Top quality accessories also for a bargain.

Good luck with sale.

Chuffing bargain, and its immaculate, which is why buying from an enthusiast forum like this is a great idea. I'm sure the buyer will be over the moon with their purchase.

Freddo, I have a friend who wants to upgrade his Classic, but he already has a Vario. He through me, would happily pay £260 for you Sylvia, and I would bet your bottom dollar if you re-listed the Vario at £250 on here it would go in 10 minutes. Then you can offer the extras to either buyer of list those as well

I'm guessing as its not a done deal that Fred could split these .... But I'm hoping to pick them up on Sunday.

i will leave it with fred

thanks

lighty

Hi Lighty,

If you had come this morning I would have let it all go for £450 as agreed, but since you didn't -and I am doing this for financial reasons - I feel justified in holding out for the £500 I asked for. As you can see there has been a flurry of interest since the photos went on. Even if I have to split up the items I should still reach the asking price with ease. Certainly the first to see will buy.

You now say you want to come late Sunday afternoon and that will be fine, you will have first refusal as you made the first offer. We can be available all weekend, except Saturday 12-2pm.

Please let me know your decision ASAP but if I don't hear from you I will telephone to ensure you know before Sunday.

Freddo, if your sale falls through, why not split them up. The Vario will get at least £250 on here and the Sylvia more than that. Thats what I would do, then the sale will appeal to more people mate

Yes, splitting them up would make more sense but it would be nice for the family to stay together - call me sentimental!

Fred

are you now saying the asking price is £500?

i am a little confused ...

it seems the waters have been muddied since we agreed a price, albeit I have not given you an outright 'yes'

as the items are being sold for fianancial reasons I understand your dilemma

If dsk wants the v3 for £260 how much do you want for rest?

i have not been a member here long but have been one for 10 years on avforums and until the seller puts a price on individual items the seller cannot sell them individually. As I'm new here I don't know the rules.

I would buy the vario with the tamper, jug etc if the price is right

cheers

lighty

Hi Lighty,

No confusion, as I said I would have honoured the price if you had come this morning, and even if you had been on your way here the price was fixed. Buying second hand is all about being in the right place at the right time and as you yourself said ( above ) it wasn't a done deal. Neither am I trying to auction the goods, the preferred deal is still £500 for the lot but I realize fewer members will want my package, so if necessary they will be split. However, again no confusion, as I said ( above ) I am honouring the fact that you made the first offer and it's all yours on Sunday afternoon if you want it. Please let me know.

Okay.

I guess 10 years on a larger forum has me following their idea of rules.

You list an item for a price

if you subsequently accept a lower offer that is effectively the new asking price

Unless you price items individually then they have to be sold together

as I haven't trawled thru the rules I don't know them inside out ...

It's only my opinion but dsk41 has opened this thread up into an auction

if you price them separately I might be interested in the vario

however as it stands I am withdrawing interest as I had intended to buy the job lot for £450 as agreed

i apologise for not calling today but we were slightly late setting off for the HP studios tour and couldn't miss our slot !

absolutely no hard feelings and best of luck with the sale

lighty

dsk41 has not opened this up as an auction. He merely said that if your sale fell through, he would offer an amount of money.

Freddo, I do not know what your next move is but I have a friend who called yesterday to say his Classic is rusting away and he wants to move up he is not a Forum member and I can either give you his details or buy it for him.

But you've basically offered £260 for the v3 and told Fred to sell the vario for £250 ...After we'd agreed a price for lot ???

Now Fred wants to revert to his original price

Hence my removal of interest

As I said I have no issues with this however I was under the impression I'd agreed a price pending a viewing

Lighty

I might be wrong lightly, but just perhaps not contacting freddo might have something to do with it. You had your chance! That stack s worth £500 every day of the week. You chip him, then complain when you do not complete the contract!