IGNORED

Home made pizza thread

Mike mc

Late to the party but one thing I’ll say of lockdown is that it’s really honed my pizza making skills. Kind of gave up on pizza after becoming vegan, mainly because vegan cheese sucks so badly. Started off with no cheese pizzas that were ok, then found if you really limit the amount of fake cheese to a sprinkling it does the trick.
First bases came out like mighty white bread! I’ve got the bread machine dough dialled now. 50/50 wholemeal/white flour.
I found that capers just make any pizza taste so classy too.
This pizza has capers, black olives, vegan chorizo (which is 50% as good as the real thing but still great) red onion and garden grown basil. Utterly magic. [emoji108]
e3cb1c4ab10403005ede929e2713f0b7.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not posted on here for ages.

Had a bit of an epiphany a year back with dough. 

Frest yeast crumbled into 500g flour. 1 tblsp dark soft sugar, 650ml warm water. Mix to a slurry, then cover and leave for 40 minutes.

Add 500g flour, 1 tablespoon salt. 2 tablespoon olive oil. Mix as usual, then leave for an hour to rise. Shape into balls (arse and foreskin technique) and leave in proving tray for at least 6 hours. Handstretch in flour. crust tastes amazing

You end up with a really soft dough so shaping is easy. Gentle pressing middle of ball with fingertips, then rotate and stretch with outer edge of hands, then slap from hand to hand (plenty of vids on youtube

IMG_20200525_195158_070.jpg

Edited by Spazbarista
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

24 hour fermented dough, chorizo sausage meat and balsamic glazed red onion. Cooked in an Ooni Karu 12.

IMG-20210828-WA0013.thumb.jpg.989c364e52146e2eff9ee25a71b62023.jpg

Only used the oven 3 or 4 times now and still trying to get to grips with managing the temperature, but this one was spot on!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally dusted off my Ooni Pro after it has sat in the shed for 6 months post house move. 

cajun chicken pizza. Not the prettiest one I’ve ever done but darned tasty!

3B511F31-F40E-4329-9563-1CAA75359C02.jpeg

• Like 3

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Seems a waste just cooking one pizza so baked off a blank pizza which makes a really good base for a sandwich. Very satisfying watching it puff up like a football in the oven.

4F4118A9-8DF7-4681-864A-CB2F7BBC1B3F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.5e94d287a89f0aab92c90a53c5bf9b77.jpeg

Not sure if you are aware, but this is a real thing in Italy. We call it 'panuozzo' and use it to make sandwiches. Usually the dough is shaped as an oval and is not flattened as much as a regular pizza, to let it raise more and easily cut in half later on.

• Like 1