Mike mc

Home made pizza thread

I'm starving.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

So - yes - would recommend the Pizza Party Ardore (though wish the company had a less daft name!)

Thanks very much, Thats good to hear, I hadn’t seen it before your post and I really like the look of them, looks a cut above the alternatives.

I assumed the mozzarella was missing from your Ocado order ;)

Ha! I bought 2kg of fior di latte and 2kg of smoked Mozarella

Profitec 700 | Compak E8

19c272bc06b2d6cb876a3d95059c251d.jpg

Alright, amidst family madness I managed to handle the boys and prep some flat food for dinner

As if the craze hadn't been enough, the pepper grinder decided to completely lose it:

fa716d6ca6c784d3dbdbac817263bb7a.jpg

So that went to be my pizza

In the end, though, nice results from our el cheapo Chinese gas grill with Napoleon pizza stone (roughly worth half the price of the grill ):

2a135725698a86c5eb096fbb3a0cbede.jpg

con prosciutto cotto

1793d85873695386b31e3900ccf8b8cd.jpg

con tonno

9b6ed85a2b4b3409a7a2e0d7dd9d66ef.jpg

con tritato di carne (which I believe is the most original version of a leftovers meal).

Boys loved it, so did I

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

This is so making me hungry lol, we had the BBQ out for first time on weekend was still a bit nippy, got to do pizzas next in Rocbox! I found to much wet toppings even at 450c means its hard to get it cooked it through with out edges burning to much! mmmm yum

Thanks

Lee. (R58 and Zenith 65e)

This is so making me hungry lol, we had the BBQ out for first time on weekend was still a bit nippy, got to do pizzas next in Rocbox! I found to much wet toppings even at 450c means its hard to get it cooked it through with out edges burning to much! mmmm yum

Ha!

Twas totally unexpected when I found this thread... but as it gave me the urge to fire up the el cheapo for pizza, I'm now teasing others

Our gas grill has too many vents, so wouldn't reach more than 320°, maybe 350° on a hot day. Wouldn't burn the edges at all. Different story in my Mexican oven, where it gets really hot without much control. There I too find it very hard to balance centre and edge temps... any advice is highly welcomed!

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

I've had my ooni3 / uuni3 (?) for a month or so and have had some great results using gas, not tried wood pellets yet. We go heavier on toppings, the Mrs and nipper prefer it that way so centre bases are sometimes a little moist but still delicious. Less is definitely more when it comes to toppings it seems if you're after a crispier base all over.

We even tried a sweet pizza, nutella and salted caramel sauce plus mini marshmallows. Lesson learnt, the choc and caramel managed fine but stick the marshmallows on after and flash them till toasted as they combusted into ash in seconds LOL !!

pepperoni, jalapenos, onion, pepper and mozzarella

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40284[/ATTACH]

parma ham, mushroom, onion, goats cheese and mozzarella

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40285[/ATTACH]

sweet pizza before, no afters (to embarrassed to show the charred remains of that one LOL!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40286[/ATTACH]

Rocket Giotto Evo 2, Zenith 65e

I know what the problem is now.... it's me !

e56c1bd87c0c108a5c585f19c0c401c3.jpg

Here was one of my attempts on the Uuni. I switched out the wood pellets for gas. Makes it a more user friendly oven as you can concentrate on the pizza instead of regulating the heat.

A few from our Roccbox and larger oven too - 60% hydration dough 24 hour minimum fermentation

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40329[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40330[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40332[/ATTACH]

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Giving this a go using the pizza stone, preheated and then using the grill to superheat it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40335[/ATTACH]

Dough is is pretty lush 24hrs fermented sourdough with 10% whole at 70% hydration, definitely gonna get some more suitable flour and better tomatos for the next batch

Tame Barista @ http://tamebaristas.com

Giving this a go using the pizza stone, preheated and then using the grill to superheat it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40335[/ATTACH]

Dough is is pretty lush 24hrs fermented sourdough with 10% whole at 70% hydration, definitely gonna get some more suitable flour and better tomatos for the next batch

How is the dough to handle? 70% sounds like it would be pretty wet. Don’t know if the flour is more absorbent than say 00

Hard to say - I primarily make sourdough with 85%+ dough so to me 70% feels dry, it didn’t need stick to anything anyway.

ive got some 00 coming today for the next batch, I’ll report on how well that works later

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40359[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40360[/ATTACH]

So with Italian 00 flour it was no more sticky; proofed it a lot more than I meant to because it got very warm in the kitchen, so ended up with a thicker crust than I was planning - superb dough though, and a much better tomato sauce this time as I went with straight up blended Italian tomatoes with salt and oregano.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40359[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40360[/ATTACH]

So with Italian 00 flour it was no more sticky; proofed it a lot more than I meant to because it got very warm in the kitchen, so ended up with a thicker crust than I was planning - superb dough though, and a much better tomato sauce this time as I went with straight up blended Italian tomatoes with salt and oregano.

And was that a 70% mix? Good going.