Coffee Omega Rocket
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Many Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Too Many Forums

I recently joined this forum and I find myself frustrated with the organization of topics - the conversations are thinly spread over too many forums, an incredible 51 forums to be exact! It's like buying a newspaper with 200 6"x 4" pages and trying to find articles of interest to read. If you want examples of better organization I suggest to look at home-barista.com or even coffeegeek.com . They have fewer forums and as such are easier to peruse. The question to ask is, what are the natural groupings of conversations? For example, as a Profitec 700 owner, most discussions on dual boiler E61 machines are likely relevant to my machine... assuming I only ever wanted to read/chat about my equipment (which isn't the case). Breaking out discussions by manufacturer might work for cars, but for coffee equipment it just doesn't make a lot of sense. For example, E61 HX machines have just too much in common to fragment discussions by brand. Please consider collapsing the forums down to perhaps a dozen areas and allow the conversations to flow. Any BTW...

Hello everyone! :-)
    Last edited by Zimberto; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Hello and welcome :-)
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently enjoying LSOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    This is the first coffee forum I have ever joined but seen many for other areas cars, motorbikes etc. I find it generally easy to navigate and the people are pretty good on here to!

I personally find it better there are areas for brand of machine or grinder as not all are the same really. I have had some great replies in brand specific area to for my machine.
    Thanks

Lee. (R58 and Zenith 65e)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)

I just look at new posts
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)

Welcome.

I find it easiest to catch up on what's going on via the "New posts" function.
    “Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Another one for just going straight to new posts
    LR, Niche & a steady stream of beans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

No wonder!
    WHY DO CROCS HAVE HOLE'S IN?

TO LET YOUR DIGNITY OUT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimberto View Post
    Please do us all a figure and collapse the forums down to perhaps a dozen areas and less the conversation flow.
    Welcome to our friendly forum, guess we would be doing just you a favour as most folk are quite happy with the way this forum is laid out, the search engine is perfectly adequate to find most things and as probably the busiest coffee forums out there we most be doing something right

I find other forums frustrating for different reasons and really enjoy using and participating on this one, embrace it and enjoy!
    Didi matloba

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Come on Glen get a grip ...... ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum
    I think.
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast