CoffeeHit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roaster suggestions 1000-2000 euro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Roaster suggestions 1000-2000 euro

I'm looking for a new roaster around 2000 euro. found some interesting ones.

Does anyone has experience wit this website? https://www.shopcoffeeroasters.com/ .
    I'm interesting in the 300g smart coffee roaster price is around 1900 use with shipping cost. dial an amazon coffee does have a similar one now. anyone have already experience with this smart roasters?

Also this one looks interesting, seems a lot cheaper. http://www.forexroasting.com/Product.aspx?id=1342
    someone any experience with this one?

http://www.x-coffeeroasters.com/r200...offee-roaster/ also a tiny one but looks like a solid roaster.
    Or the hottop b 2k+ version.

any other suggestion is welcome.

thanks for your help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

First of, it looks a bit suspicious that you enter the forum with such a post.
    I'm seriously wondering whether you are looking for a new roaster or rather for new customers.

Please introduce yourself and elaborate on your motif and needs (if applicable)!
    If this is a genuine enquiry, we're only able to help you if we know what you're intending to use a roaster for, exactly (home, lab, shop, QM, whatever).

Thank you!
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry hasi.

just searched whole internet off last days. nothing else to do. broke my neck and collarbone last week. i'm just a coffee lover who is looking for a advanced coffee roaster. My name is wilco kelderman, cyclist in normal life. in private life i'm like to be busy with coffee.

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

No offence meant

Loosely followed the Volta, seen someone in the background slip and slide in a corner... was that you? Bugger... will you need surgery? Anyways, get well soon!

As for the different roasters out there, is it important for you to automate the process?
    Do you have any previous experience with another machine or will this be your first contact with the topic?
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

jep. yesterday i had collarbone surgery. neck will be fine with a neck brace. but f**k shit.....

will be most easy i guess. but i like to learn. so both is oke. No will be my first. So if you have any suggestion....

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)

Welcome to Coffee Forums UK Wilco!

Really hope you heal swiftly.
    Always enjoy watching you race.

Cyclists love their coffee, and most of the pro peloton are avid enthusiasts.
    Advertise on Coffee Forums UK - spaces available now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Well then, I'm sorry to say that it looks like you really have some time to spend on learning how to roast now
    Still, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Roasting your own beans definitely is a rewarding activity, almost a bit meditative.

One pretty awkward starting point for many home roasters is a popcorn machine. It has no controls and uses fluid bed heat transfer, your only variable being the amount of beans you put in. But you can gain some first inpressions (and maybe modify the thingy at a later stage to take more cobtrol - if you're into that).

Other than that, the next level includes the following machines:
    - Gene Cafe CBR-101
    - Hottop Basic
    - Quest M3

The Gene being a hybrid between hot air and rotating drum with some control over the process.
    The Hottop Basic being a drum roaster with external cooling tray already. It comes with an automatic mode but lets you define profiles of handle it manually. Pretty versatile I'd say.
    The Quest being a miniature traditional drum roaster without any helpers. When looking into learning it properly, but the very hard way, that's for you (I did)

Hottop and Quest can easily be linked to roast logging devices and software (such as Artisan which is an open source project and therefore freely avilable), the Hottop top model 2K+ even lets software like aforementioned Artisan take control.

These are very common models that you'll find good advice/help/instructions for as well as a wide user base the world over.
    Also, used machines and spare parts aren't an issue with these, really.
    The main problem with many unknown Asian manufacturers is not only that. As is even the case with Dalian Amazon models that aren't BB spec (Bella Barista in UK offer a revised version done and operating manual written by our very own @DavecUK ) these machines may not work properly or display wrong temp readings. That is due to funny construction details these things come with, if just some engineers and factory workers put some sheet metal together to make it resemble a coffee roaster.

TBH I haven't heard of the models you've posted on top, but that doesn't mean too much... maybe if Dave sees this he'll chime in with a more elaborate view
    Last edited by Hasi; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:30.
    says Hasi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

There's also the Fracino Roastilino. It's a fluid bed roaster with PID that can be converted to be controlled via Artisan roasting software. Frans has written an extensive blog about his journey with it http://kostverlorenvaart.blogspot.co...oastilino.html

You can usually roast a batch of 225g green beans in about 7 minutes and once you've locked in a profile for one bean type you can easily come back to it again and again. Back to back batches mean you can roast 1.5kg - 2kg per hour. It's not ideal for volume roasting but it's great for repeatability and precise control of the roast process, provided it's been modified to work with Artisan.

It's only worthwhile as a roaster if you modify it as Frans did, otherwise the control over the process isn't great.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by mindwatcher View Post
    jep. yesterday i had collarbone surgery. neck will be fine with a neck brace. but f**k shit.....

will be most easy i guess. but i like to learn. so both is oke. No will be my first. So if you have any suggestion....

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Not Thee Wilko Kelderman??
    WHY DO CROCS HAVE HOLE'S IN?

TO LET YOUR DIGNITY OUT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)

The only experience I can give you of the 3 roasters you linked to is to be careful. I have reviewed (engineering reviews) many appalling Chinese roasters, a few dangerous, others where the paint turns to sticky crap, bad electricals, poor performance, fires etc..Most are not really CE approved. I would advise you stick to the more established options.

If you are cash rich and plenty of space 1kg Dalian Amazon, excellent roasts liable to get most if not all you paid for it when sold in 5 or 25 years time. For domestic use only, in 25 years it will look as good as the day you bought it and probably not have required any maintenance at all...apart from the very routine stuff like the chaff draw and possibly brushing some crap off the cooling fan. it's bit peverse that the more money you can afford, the better the roaster and the less you lose when you sell it.

If you are not cash rich, and or space challenged, then there are other roasters, Genecafe, Hottop, Quest M3 and a few others...the genecafe is probably the best bang for the buck and can be power control modded quite easily.

P.S. My mates a keen cyclist and he knows how much I love the weekend road warriors out in force between his place and mine when I go to visit in the summer.
    Last edited by DavecUK; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:06.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast