Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know Iím doing something stupid and I donít know what it is...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I’ve taken the shower screen holder off too, still no water through. That sounds plausible about the scale and solenoid valve. Balls.

i really appreciate the replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right.

So I did what you suggested @Jumbo Ratty, and the first thing that I noticed was that water / steam spurted out of the group head, once I turned on the pump / right button. Which I was not expecting. As suggested, the steam / middle switch was off. Then when I turned the steam knob anti clockwise water did indeed piss out. It seems like thatís a good sign, then? (For completeness, once the steam switch is turned on, nothing out of group head when I hit the pump.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
    Right.

So I did what you suggested @Jumbo Ratty, and the first thing that I noticed was that water / steam spurted out of the group head, once I turned on the pump / right button. Which I was not expecting. As suggested, the steam / middle switch was off. Then when I turned the steam knob anti clockwise water did indeed piss out. It seems like thatís a good sign, then? (For completeness, once the steam switch is turned on, nothing out of group head when I hit the pump.)
    your solenoid is blocked with scale that has become dislodged from the boiler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks again, appreciate it. At least I know what it is now. I’ll try and read up on what to do next from here.

For those of you who found the first video riveting, here is Chapter 2 of the saga, taking the above suggestion on board. https://youtu.be/RUIY-EqVUTE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12