The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Niche number 20 is wearing away.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Byfleet, Surrey
    Posts
    6,298
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)

    Default

    I'll bet they won't send you a new number 20

    I remember those letter transfer things we used to get as kids, rub them on or something....sounds like a few stick on numbers are the order of the day or at the very least number sized clear sticky plastic dots as protectors.

    Somthing like these, but perhaps smaller

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/STOBOK-Stic...ickers%2C+13mm
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    Count yourself lucky to have numbers! Those early HG-1s didn’t have anything whatsoever!
    HG-1? Luxury! When I were a lad an' I were lucky enough to snag a coffee bean, I 'ad to roast it on t' fire and grind it wi' my teeth.......

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfk41 View Post
    dare I add an observation which as always will not go down well. Out of the 1100 or so owners, this has been reported a couple of times. So, is it down to poor quality control or owner misuse? I am not suggesting intentionally but what else can it be.
    Reminds me of an old story of a pension who bought a brand new motor home in the good old US of A. He left the showroom, stuck it on auto control, went in the back to make a cuppa and then successfully sued the manufacturers when it crashed and was destroyed.......because he thought auto control suggested it would drive itself yes, this was the late seventies!).
    Feel free to say what you please, perhaps you enjoy stirring the pot - your signature suggests so, and that bemuses me, i'll touch on that later.. Normally i'd not consider this worthy of a reply, and please i won't be at all upset if you use this use this link

    I have explained how i use the NZ and how it has occurred but if you imagine me deliberately rubbing off number 20 off with an angle grinder or nail-file so i can seek attention in the forum, wonderful. If you have been peeking through the windows of Niche owners and have photographic evidence - better still share it with everyone.

    Allow me to share some knowledge, and debunk your anecdotal urban Winnebago legend, as i clearly have triggered a childhood memory you hold dear.

    Sorry to say, it's been a lie or urban myth at best, for nearly 50 years, please check here and here

    Dare I also make an observation which may not go down well, and a little off topic (but not as far as a Winnebago) but you do bring it in your post, perhaps you might consider your signature, it reminds me of the recent tragic events in Christchurch NZ (interesting coincidence there) and elsewhere. It's a both crass and sadly technically untrue.
    Last edited by Agentb; 3 Days Ago at 09:45.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    I'll bet they won't send you a new number 20

    I remember those letter transfer things we used to get as kids, rub them on or something....sounds like a few stick on numbers are the order of the day or at the very least number sized clear sticky plastic dots as protectors.

    Somthing like these, but perhaps smaller

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/STOBOK-Stic...ickers%2C+13mm
    LOL how dare you suggest - pimping a NZ - heretic. Badge of honour i say.

    I'm going to ask the Niche team to Email me a "20" in an attachment and then i can safely Photoshop all future photos, and i can be part of the Niche-TwoZero indigogo campaign. A fortune awaits.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    I'll bet they won't send you a new number 20

    I remember those letter transfer things we used to get as kids, rub them on or something....sounds like a few stick on numbers are the order of the day or at the very least number sized clear sticky plastic dots as protectors.

    Somthing like these, but perhaps smaller

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/STOBOK-Stic...ickers%2C+13mm

    Or maybe Niche could be informed and, if it is an ongoing issue , they could look into it and maybe do something about it?

    As many many people now own NZ's probably solely due to your review of it and that Niche now use that review in their marketing don't you think that it ill behoves you to be glib about any issues that people report about the product that you are a shill for? You can be considered in no way neutral in this...you lost that privilege when you agreed to write the review and let it be broadcast.

    ( full disclosure..... I bought a NZ based on reading your review and I am very happy with it... no problems so far )

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Or maybe Niche could be informed and, if it is an ongoing issue , they could look into it and maybe do something about it?

    As many many people now own NZ's probably solely due to your review of it and that Niche now use that review in their marketing don't you think that it ill behoves you to be glib about any issues that people report about the product that you are a shill for? You can be considered in no way neutral in this...you lost that privilege when you agreed to write the review and let it be broadcast.

    ( full disclosure..... I bought a NZ based on reading your review and I am very happy with it... no problems so far )
    I didn't read it as glib at all, and "shill" please @joe check the meaning - saying @DavecUK is a trickster or conman, you really need to think carefully about the consequences of saying that about anyone in a public forum.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Meanwhile back to my beloved Niche, i looked at it this morning and noticed it said FILTER DRIP .
    I don't like drips i thought, maybe the Niche is sending me wisdom.

    So i gave it a little finger rub while pouring my morning Tanzanian Onion





    Now it would have been crass to share my middle finger, so just to confirm it's my index finger




    Finally, try taking a photo of the finger you normally take photos with, it is not easy....

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Toon
    Posts
    13,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agentb View Post
    Feel free to say what you please, perhaps you enjoy stirring the pot - your signature suggests so, and that bemuses me, i'll touch on that later.. Normally i'd not consider this worthy of a reply, and please i won't be at all upset if you use this use this link

    I have explained how i use the NZ and how it has occurred but if you imagine me deliberately rubbing off number 20 off with an angle grinder or nail-file so i can seek attention in the forum, wonderful. If you have been peeking through the windows of Niche owners and have photographic evidence - better still share it with everyone.

    Allow me to share some knowledge, and debunk your anecdotal urban Winnebago legend, as i clearly have triggered a childhood memory you hold dear.

    Sorry to say, it's been a lie or urban myth at best, for nearly 50 years, please check here and here

    Dare I also make an observation which may not go down well, and a little off topic (but not as far as a Winnebago) but you do bring it in your post, perhaps you might consider your signature, it reminds me of the recent tragic events in Christchurch NZ (interesting coincidence there) and elsewhere. It's a both crass and sadly technically untrue.
    Oh dear, someone has really spat their dummy out of the pram! Not being a statistician, I understand in probability of the majority. Since the majority have not suffered this problem, then what is the cause. It can only be your methodology. I did say quite clearly it would not be intentional but that aside, perhaps you can eloquently offer another suggestion as to the cause.
    As for the rest of your diatribe, fair games. It bothers me not that you leap on the back of a tragic event in New Zealand (strange that is shares the shorter NZ as well) to try and ridicule or criticise me in that ever so popular social media sort of way by appealing to the masses. What is wrong with urban myth? it gives us something to laugh about, so thank you very much for pointing that out to us all. So, to sum up, because I dare to suggest the the fault might be user error, you go into hyperdrive.......maybe it is time to grow up.......and for the record, reply in any way that you like, but I will not comment further on this thread
     You never hear the bullet thats kills you 

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Byfleet, Surrey
    Posts
    6,298
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agentb View Post
    I didn't read it as glib at all, and "shill" please @joe check the meaning - saying @DavecUK is a trickster or conman, you really need to think carefully about the consequences of saying that about anyone in a public forum.
    Because like me, you have a sense of humour.....I have no idea why numbers are rubbing off on a few grinders. I have not had the issue on the US test grinder in over a year, perhaps I use it differently, perhaps a few only are affected, I really have no idea. You are the 2nd person I have seen mention it and of course, it's not within my gift to do anything about it, fix it or be anything but neutral about it. Presumably you will (or have already) mention it to Niche, because I am sure they would want to know....It may then be they can come up with some quality solutions going forward and even some ideas for any existing owners with the problem.

    Thanks for your comments as well because you do get some people making rather unsavoury and ignorant comments on forums....who have no idea about the things I have done in the past, the stuff I refuse to review or absolutely slate and then they never see the light of day, at least in the UK market (I've given up trying to help the poor souls who insist on importing them).. It's also the reason why I do so few reviews now, limiting it to the really interesting products or things I directly use myself

    P.S. I actually think it's absolutely not OK for them to make the sort of comments they do and I believe it seriously drags the forum down. I suspect the same person wouldn't want to make the comment face to face to another human being
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    Count yourself lucky to have numbers! Those early HG-1s didn’t have anything whatsoever!
    I bet they didn't have lovely bar towels either

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Decent Espresso

Important Site Information


Google Analytics Alternative