Bella Barista
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Niche number 20 is wearing away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)

Oh...I tried a Mr rubby on the numbers and letters of the US test Niche and nothing came off...so either OP must stop drinking drain cleaner each morning, or it's peculiar to that grinder.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    Oh...I tried a Mr rubby on the numbers and letters of the US test Niche and nothing came off...so either OP must stop drinking drain cleaner each morning, or it's peculiar to that grinder.
    Hehe! Confession time. I almost sent dfk's Niche on to the next recipient minus the numbers! Cleaned it ready to go and the first wipe showed smudges . . . . I meant to contact Martin @Niche but totally forgot.
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)

I guess I'm just too careful...I am quite gentle with stuff I suppose....it's why the cat likes me so much!
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)

Default Niche number 20 is wearing away.

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    I guess I'm just too careful...I am quite gentle with stuff I suppose....it's why the cat likes me so much!
    I’m very gentle when it comes to rubbing!

I expect there are different grades of wire wool . . .
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    Hehe! Confession time. I almost sent dfk's Niche on to the next recipient minus the numbers! Cleaned it ready to go and the first wipe showed smudges . . . . I meant to contact Martin @Niche but totally forgot.
    Did you use paint stripper ? Mk1 etc. Suspect there has already been some Mk's. Nothing dramatic as far as I know.

Maybe you used Cif etc - doesn't scratch. It does but they aren't easy to see. I use that one for lapping in cast iron lathe parts. Stainless cleaners are even better 0 if that's the right word.

Seriously it might be interesting to know what you did use???

John
    -
    In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D
    Too many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ajohn View Post
    Did you use paint stripper ? Mk1 etc. Suspect there has already been some Mk's. Nothing dramatic as far as I know.

Maybe you used Cif etc - doesn't scratch. It does but they aren't easy to see. I use that one for lapping in cast iron lathe parts. Stainless cleaners are even better 0 if that's the right word.

Seriously it might be interesting to know what you did use???

John
    -
    Just my damp cloth. Some kind of micro fibre sort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    Just my damp cloth. Some kind of micro fibre sort.
    No wonder you use bottled water. Your tap water must be extremely hard.

If I wanted to get rid of grease, finger prints and my amazon 6" square babies flannels didn't work I'd use window cleaner on the same thing. Alcohol (IPA), water and a wetting agent. I am curious about what could cause problems. All I have wiped a few times is the funnel - covered in bean oil so a few bits stick after a while. Just the flannel. Had to buy a large pack and thought they wouldn't last long. More a case of thowing away as fed up with the colour.

John
    -
    In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D
    Too many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks for the suggestions, and the comedy touches (which i might add didn't wear off any further numbers) - i have had an email reply back from Martin earlier this morning, less than a business day after sending it which is impressive for a small issue - and they are reviewing print durability with their supplier.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234