Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the Inventor of Boilbrew !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Lightbulb Greetings from the Inventor of Boilbrew !

Hi guys !

I've been living in London for a couple of years now and love it ! I came across this forum a couple days ago, and it seems like an awesome forum. I've been looking for a place like this, where I can engage with like minded coffee lovers, so I am really looking forward to check out more of the forum and the people within it !

Boilbrew offer a new and innovative Brewing Flask for coffee, inspired by the traditional French Press, and Norwegian Kokekaffe (steeped coffee). The concept is minimalistic, but engaging, giving you full control over your own brew. We launched late January 2019 (1 month ago!), and for now, we have been building up our instagram.com/boilbrew through trial and error, alongside our Amazon UK listing. I am here to answer any and all questions about brewing coffee with Boilbrew. In addition, I hope to meet new cool people to share my passion with !

Any manual coffee brewer launching tips, I'm all ears ! xD

What is the best way to make coffee ?

Cheers,
    Patrick Heiberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)

Greetings, and welcome to the forum

You should consider an advertising banner here on the forum. Should help boost sales!
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

So its a glass flask with that uses the shape to keep the coffee grounds from pouring out, or am I missing something
    Keep calm and grind flat,
    www.vb-Kaffee.at "its a complete brainfork to buy your beans anywhere else" @Hasi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojohn55 View Post
    So its a glass flask with that uses the shape to keep the coffee grounds from pouring out, or am I missing something

I used to use them in Chemistry, without the little silicone collar around the glass. We used to call them Florence flasks (lovely name) they are flat bottom round flasks, usually they were made of Borosilicate glass. There are other quite attractive shapes for lab glassware that would probably work as well.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    I used to use them in Chemistry, without the little silicone collar around the glass. We used to call them Florence flasks (lovely name) they are flat bottom round flasks, usually they were made of Borosilicate glass. There are other quite attractive shapes for lab glassware that would probably work as well.
    Ahh yes I can see them on fleabay for about £7
    Keep calm and grind flat,
    www.vb-Kaffee.at "its a complete brainfork to buy your beans anywhere else" @Hasi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojohn55 View Post
    Ahh yes I can see them on fleabay for about £7
    In fairness the fleabay ones don't have the partial silicone condom around the top or the rather attractive lettering, some the key differences in the new and innovative invention. I was really pleased when Patrick from Boilbrew joined to meet new cool people like us....because let's face it...we are cool
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)

I can see you have a couple of suggested brewing recipes for coffee on your instagram.
    I would be looking at making the process as indiot proof as possible for people. So suggestions are .
    How long are you leaving the coffee to brew for.
    Can it be used with pre ground coffee from the supermarket, if so I'd experiment with a brew time and recipe for that ( it's ground alot finer )
    If people are grinding their coffee themselves a rough guide as to the size of grind ( as this will effect brewing time )
    I suppose id be looking for this to deliver a of cupping / drink type experience (others may view it as faff free french press )
    I see the recipe you are recommending is 15g coffee to 460ml of water, a ratio of 1:30 which is pretty weak , for filter or cupping which normally works at a round a ratio of 1:16 coffee to water so in your example for a full brew of two cups I'd be looking at using near 28-30g of coffee.
    Good luck with the product
    Last edited by Mrboots2u; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:59.
    I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...
    https://rjwinc.wordpress.com
    Instagram
    rjw_inc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)

@Boilbrew Hey Patrick, welcome to the forum. Check your protective armour is in place, as you will get flack and leg pulling in amongst the odd bit of encouragement. Whether it is a simple idea or not is irrelevant. many years ago, Iw as at an artists house and he had taken a couple of thousand matches, struck them and let them burn for different amounts before arranging them in a pattern and framing it. I said, yes, but I could have done that. he retorted, yes, but you did not.
    This is a large vibrant forum. I would have a word with Glenn about advertising. I would then offer say a dozen people (my name at the top of the list) the chance to buy one of these at a bargain price, then review it. The catch is you cannot alter the review or comments. if it is good, it will reflect back and be worth a lot of kudos to you
     You never hear the bullet thats kills you 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)

Makes you wonder though, why on the website they are @29.99 delivered, but on Amazon Prime, £20.99......could be a bargain?
     You never hear the bullet thats kills you 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Like the idea ...

I rather like your idea.
    Last edited by CONA Factory; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:03.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast