Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roaster Upgrade from Gene Cafe (Quest M3?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guys what is reasonable And the best batch size for stock unmodified quest ?

Now im on the market for a roaster And would be nice to roast 200g at a time.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Depends on voltage consistency in your area. Wise to buy a meter to check. UK voltage The UK supply is 230 V +10% - 6%. That can mean is can drop as low as 215v. Alternatively, you might be lucky and find yourself being supplied at the upper end - anything up to 253v. If your voltage is at the upper range, you can roast up to 250grms in one batch on a Quest but 150grm - 200gm is the usual batch range.
    Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1 View Post
    Do you mean stick another probe in front of the heating element and have the readout on a display in front of you while you use the dimmer to increase/decrease rather than focus on power draw?
    Yes essentially. Position to measure the airflow temperature at it's exit from the hot air unit. I already have a digital meter for K type thermocouples. If any interest I'll post details when I do it.

John
    -
    In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D
    Too many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Yeah that's an interesting idea. I wouldn't want to drill a hole in the heating element enclosure, though you could just seal it afterwards. You might just be able to slip a probe in through the front.
    Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone here using BT, ET, and MET digital probes on quest? I would like to know what probe and where to put it for MET readings. Or maybe with such a small roaster MET readings are not necessary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Have a look on Home-Barista, there's a ton of info there and plenty of Quest roasters too.