Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: London Coffee Festival 2019 roll call

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Default London Coffee Festival 2019 roll call

So then, tickets are out, promo has started and there's 4 weeks to go.

Who's going?
    'it's all about the microbubbubbles'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotford View Post

Who's going?
    The number of times I've been offered free tickets, but could never muster up the enthusiasm to attend. I see it a bit like Star Trek, I like the show, but wouldn't go to a convention.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    The number of times I've been offered free tickets, but could never muster up the enthusiasm to attend. I see it a bit like Star Trek, I like the show, but wouldn't go to a convention.
    TBF Dave, it is just a bit of a spectacle of how to show off in front of a paying audience for some of the exhibitors these days.

But on the other end of the scale, there are some absolutely cracking coffees and experiences to be had though.

You should give it a try on the industry days if you're not into ramjam crowds of people fawning over robotic arms or the latest latte art demo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yup - wife bought tickets for us and two of our nephews before Christmas. My little boy will be about two months old at that point and will be downing babyccinos* like they're going out of fashion**.

* Note to social services: joke!
    ** Should never have been in fashion.
    Sage Duo Temp Pro ++ Sage Smart Grinder Pro ++ Aeropress ++ V60
    http://www.bhxcoffee.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Who's going?
    Might be a better chance of bumping into you there than at your shop?

That said I couldn't find the Curve stand last time I went (2017) despite directions being obtained. To be fair I only made it to Brixton twice, once after that weekend, the second time after the sky went orange/grey in the wake of a storm...got some nice fish to cook both times though.

Would like to go again despite the Star Trek warning, will see if I can fix a few days off in the new job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yeah I'll be there on Saturday morning. My girlfriend is coming too, who isn't much of a coffee fan... We'll see how that works!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)

TBF Dave, it is just a bit of a spectacle of how to show off in front of a paying audience for some of the exhibitors these days.

But on the other end of the scale, there are some absolutely cracking coffees and experiences to be had though.

You should give it a try on the industry days if you're not into ramjam crowds of people fawning over robotic arms or the latest latte art demo.
    I have also been invited to the Milan Coffee show industry days (5 times now), perhaps in 2019 I might attend the Milan one, that sort of piques my interest. I didn't go last time because I was too fat and in Italy it's not a good look. Fortunately I am not fat now and have no qualms about attending.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syenitic View Post
    Might be a better chance of bumping into you there than at your shop?
    Yeah to be fair it's a rare day I do a full service these days.

This year I'll be working with Curve in the roasters village every day, chatting lots and brewing up some utterly amazing coffees.

The shop also has a slot on the True Artisan Cafe Friday PM session (right before the launch party, conveniently) slinging some Fed-spresso and a bit o booze for the masses.

Should be a fun year tbh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

I'll be there on Thursday, glad to hear you and Curve will be there :-).
    Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

From a coffee drinker point of view what's there to see? Apart from masses of people, cause it's uber busy I can't really see anything attractive. Meet up with like minded peeps perhaps, but how many coffees will you try before you get all buzzy and over caffeinated?

T.
    Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder
    Photography: Flickr

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast