The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Ceado E37SD Single-dose Grinder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)

£1.8k!

Not sure how it makes me feel since itís just a pimped E37s, but itís probably still the cheapest big flat burr single doser?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It's just another horizontal flat burr grinder. Without a conventional hopper.

What makes it a single dose grinder beside Ceado's marketing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    It's just another horizontal flat burr grinder. Without a conventional hopper.

What makes it a single dose grinder beside Ceado's marketing?
    What are you missing out in this grinder that you think could not be called a single dosing grinder? Vertical burrs, auger, straight down exit chute?

I assume the exit chute has been reworked as it looks different. The puffer should help with retention too, as well as redesigned burr carrier (still unclear on that detail?). The single button is not a big deal, but will certainly help compared to a timer. Iím not sure about the clump crusher which seemed to be the main pain point of E37s I had. It either sprayed too much or it clogged up with a bit of coffee (nothing more than a gram or two, mind you).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It takes the SD around 10 to 15 seconds to grind a 20g dose. Compare that to a regular ondemand grinder which does it in 3-4 seconds while an Ek43 does it in 2.

You see what I'm missing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)

It takes the SD around 10 to 15 seconds to grind a 20g dose. Compare that to a regular ondemand grinder which does it in 3-4 seconds while an Ek43 does it in 2.

Is this a must have for a single doser? Does that make Niche not a single doser anymore? How does that go against the claim that lower RPMs produce different (better?) grind? IIRC Monolith isnít super fast to grind either, especially if itís set to lower speed (doh!).

This is a home coffee enthusiast forum and people have been using hand grinders for espresso... I did that myself for a wee while. Iím going to say that for most home users, the grind time is not the most important property.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If the absence of a hopper is what it takes, I guess the niche is a single dose grinder.

TBH I'm hoping ceado has done some actual research on particle distribution and they haven't just assumed people will grind finer, as you do, when you single dose an ondemand grinder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Two interesting points there, firstly espresso can take a little longer, (+/- 10 seconds on grind and 20 seconds on p.i. and finish) without me feeling anxious or frustrated. I'm more interested in the outcome. However, it was originally named for a reason.....
    Secondly, my "other grinder" is a Ceado and there isn't any doubt that Ceado are professional and know about grind distribution; their designs clearly show that. The products are specified and designed around small cafe or large cafe and latterly, home use. If we choose to re-specify a cafe grinder c/w doser for home use (my choice) then we can expect to have to change a few things; but that's hardly Ceado's failing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    Group purchase ....... only kidding.

Jon.
    As in alot of you are going to chip in to buy one grinder... Then share it?
    I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...
    https://rjwinc.wordpress.com
    Instagram
    rjw_inc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

A bit more time to grind your coffee......
    I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...
    https://rjwinc.wordpress.com
    Instagram
    rjw_inc