Adams and Russell

Thread: Tubing on classic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tubing on classic

Recently got the silvia steam wand upgrade from happy donkey. While fitting it i took a closer-than-usual look at my water reservoir and it was pretty dirty, as was the silicon tubing. I'm concerned that it's fungal growth. The shorter tube is easy enough to remove and clean. Is there an easy way to disconnect and clean the one that connects to the pump? I've shoved a pipe cleaner down/up it as far as i can but ideally the whole thing needs to be taken out. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kentboy View Post
    Recently got the silvia steam wand upgrade from happy donkey. While fitting it i took a closer-than-usual look at my water reservoir and it was pretty dirty, as was the silicon tubing. I'm concerned that it's fungal growth. The shorter tube is easy enough to remove and clean. Is there an easy way to disconnect and clean the one that connects to the pump? I've shoved a pipe cleaner down/up it as far as i can but ideally the whole thing needs to be taken out. Thanks
    Hi, you could with taking the tube out & cleaning inside with a cleaning brush like the ones used for cleaning the water tubes on hydration packs, new silicon tubing is another alternative, it's not expensive and the Classic isn't hard to take to get its covers off to get access

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Ebay is the place for silicone tubing. I bought 1m of FDA approved 6mm ID and 10mm OD for mine for about £5 delivered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Glad someone could remember the dimensions needed. Getting the precut OE silicon tubing is definately a waste of money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

There is always someone on here who carries in their head exactly the information needed, that saves people loads of time and money. I love this place for that.

___
    Eat, drink and be merry
    Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Pearson View Post
    Hi, you could with taking the tube out & cleaning inside with a cleaning brush like the ones used for cleaning the water tubes on hydration packs, new silicon tubing is another alternative, it's not expensive and the Classic isn't hard to take to get its covers off to get access
    Thanks. I took the top cover off to get a better look. The tube that connects to the OPV is easy to take off and clean, but the other one sneaks in under the pump and is pretty difficult to see or get to. I suspect that there isn't a quick fix and that I need to actually spend some time and effort dissembling it to get the tube off. I suppose it depends on how much I really want pristine tubing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

There is a solid spring bar which holds the flexible mounting to the pump bracket. Unclip that and the pump and flexible mounting slide out from the bracket allowing easy access to the push on pipe connection to the bottom of the pump. Possibly take some pictures before removal so you can see how it goes back together