The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster

Thread: Cherub Date discrepancy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Cherub Date discrepancy

Hi all
    I finally decide to get an engineer out to service and repair my Cherub, which I bought new in January 2014. I contacted Francino to get an engineer out, I couldn't travel to Brum and stay with it. When I gave them the serial number they said it was 6 years old and they could only service it at the factory as it was so old. What the... How old is it any thoughts, is it worth repairing?
    Never too old to learn, often too old to remember
    Sage Dual Boiler, Bratatz Sette 270,Fracino Cherub FOR SALE, Macap M5 grinder FOR SALE, Hario drip, kettle, Hario hand grinder, Chemex , replaced again, broke yet again , Aeropress, french press, Motta jug,flat and convex tamper, Hario Syphon
    SKINT BUT HAPPY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpotterer View Post
    Hi all
    I finally decide to get an engineer out to service and repair my Cherub, which I bought new in January 2014. I contacted Francino to get an engineer out, I couldn't travel to Brum and stay with it. When I gave them the serial number they said it was 6 years old and they could only service it at the factory as it was so old. What the... How old is it any thoughts, is it worth repairing?
    It could well have been sitting on a shelf for a year. Especially if stock rotation wasn't great at the warehouse & newer ones kept being placed infront of it.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

When my Classico broke a few months ago Fracino's response was really disappointing. They put me in touch with someone on the other side of the country as their local engineer and obviously he wasn't interested in coming out to me, which left me on my own to sort it or pay big shipping fees to and from Fracino's factory.

In the end I found a local guy and got it in the car to take to him, which worked out well as I saved on a call out fee.

The discrepancy with the dates is a weird one as most companies take your order but the actual delivery is sent directly from Fracino, that doesn't appear to have happened with you though. Either way it's well worth fixing, but will probably be a lot cheaper to drop off locally for a repair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Any good local espresso engineer will be able to repair your Cherub. Ask local cafes etc who they use.....