Londinium Espresso
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looking at buying a Synchronika...

North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    Without going through the box a guesstimate is 3/8th, go by the kit that comes with the machine, it has a tail on it.

Jon.
    OK .. Been to the back of the garage and located the plastic box that sits under the drip tray (Optional tray or drain) and the pipe you'll need is 12mm/ 1/2" ID....

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

They are unlikely to supply flexi pipe as the quantity if required is down to your requirements, the cold water feed supplied assumes at best you have an isolated water supply point near your machine.

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    OK .. Been to the back of the garage and located the plastic box that sits under the drip tray (Optional tray or drain) and the pipe you'll need is 12mm/ 1/2" ID....

Jon.
    Thanks Jon! Appreciated
    ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deeez Nuuutz View Post
    Thanks Jon! Appreciated
    I'm a tad miffed though as I'd thought we had left some of our coffee stuff at t'other place so I re-ordered scales, thermometers, blow me if they were not in the box when I looked for the drain attachment, you should have had this query 24hrs ago .

Keep us up to speed with your intentions, pumped, mains and the like.

Merry Xmas ..... Jon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Well already tired of spinning the machine around on a small counter to refill the reservoir, so today I ordered a FloJet with a 25ltr water bottle. Itíll be here tomorrow.

Iím sure I was able to make more drinks with my Sage Dual Boiler between refills
    ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

One or two pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)

^^^^^^ like, like, like!!! It’s great
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Looking at buying a Synchronika...

Well Iíve got the Flojet all connected up but Iíve hit a bit of a problem where the Flojet is pulsing and the pressure gauge is fluctuating when pulling a shot. I didnít expect this.

I have tried increasing the length of 3/8Ē tubing in a hope to increase the buffer reservoir between the Flojet and the ECM but itís still pulsing.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can cure this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deeez Nuuutz View Post
    Well Iíve got the Flojet all connected up but Iíve hit a bit of a problem where the Flojet is pulsing and the pressure gauge is fluctuating when pulling a shot. I didnít expect this.

I have tried increasing the length of 3/8Ē tubing in a hope to increase the buffer reservoir between the Flojet and the ECM but itís still pulsing.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can cure this?
    Not familiar with the system, but is there an accumulator in the system for stored pressure, is there a differential setting, what do the instructions indicate ?.

You've switched over on the machine ?.

Jon.
    Last edited by xpresso; 13-01-19 at 12:51. Reason: more info

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast