Coffee Sensor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unusual fault / problem- verona

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Just looked it up and seen a picture of it on Clive Coffee , it would appear yours is a known problem on there ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Did it say what the cause was or anything about it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Not sure it helps.......
    .he water tank magnet is not being sensed:
    Verify that the magnet in the bottom of the water tank is not floating away from the wall of the water tank, which can cause the machine to not be able to sense it. You ideally want the magnet float against the wall of the tank. This can be accomplished with something long and slim, like a zip tie or a knife.

The water tank is sitting too far away from the wall of the machine: Similarly to the magnet floating too far away from the sensor, the actual water tank itself may be sitting too far from the inner wall of the machine. Again, this will cause the machine to not be able to register the magnet inside the tank.
    If none of these are the case, you can try to put a powerful magnet on the 2 screws located where the magnet sensor is to see if that will turn the PID on. If this works for you and the PID turns on with a powerful magnet, you may just need a new water tank float. Contact us at [email protected] if this is the case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

@ Nicknak, thank's for that. The tank is located tight to the machine panel and I have had the sensor off to check it was OK.
    My other thought is that when I refill the tank the swirl of the water sometimes displaces the float away from the tank sensor side
    and then it clings to the metal containment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Are you filling the tank in situ or removing?
    I always remove my tank and suffered no probs, just trying to establish if this all is a cause of filling in situ
    Espresso: Quick Mill Verona
    Grinder: Mythos and loving it
    Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)

Looking at the photo, if yours is the same I wonder if as you fill the float drops/moves and jams at the lower edge of this.

jamming.JPG
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El carajillo View Post
    @ Nicknak, thank's for that. The tank is located tight to the machine panel and I have had the sensor off to check it was OK.
    My other thought is that when I refill the tank the swirl of the water sometimes displaces the float away from the tank sensor side
    and then it clings to the metal containment.
    It is a strange one , but they mention the position of the float so that could be likely. You would think the carrier would be made to hold it just right with the right amount of movement/play ?
    As it happens so rarely I think it might be catching ,which how ever you try to replicate while watching it you won’t , then put it back together and boom
    Im guessing that screw stops the float coming out into the tank , so the float is likely to be buoyant and not over sensitive to a minute leak ?
    Im not sure , don’t know if the cling could happen with those materials in a full tank . Need a scientist ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I've had the same problem, sometimes when I fill it back up the the Verona refuses to register. To be fair have not looked at it yet and usually tap the side and it works - its happened to me about 3-4 times in the last six months hence the lack of investigation.

Looking at the above I think (in my instance) the hinge is probably the most likely looking culprit.

edited to add:

Though reading further on the thread it would seem there is not a hinge. Oh well.

I also should have added, the only correlation is that the issue occurs when I remove the tank and put it back in place.
    Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

I removed the tank last night to wash it out, removed the stop screw , shield and float for examination.
    No rough edges on the shield to catch or rub.
    The float was unmarked, no signs of leakage or damage. Test in a cup of water, it sat perfectly upright. It is ballasted / weighted to only go in one way.
    Machine performed perfectly to-day.