CoffeeHit
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again.... should have known.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Default Here we go again.... should have known.

I'm wondering if the op is referring to the sale of my SJ today.

I received a PM from the buyer asking if a friend of theirs that is Coventry tomorrow could collect the grinder.

As the buyer only had 11 previous posts I gave them the benefit of the doubt re the rules and pm'd them back explaining that the forum does not allow for discussion via PM until an item has been sold and that if they wanted to buy the grinder to make that clear on the listing and I would then be happy to discuss the details for collection via PM.

The buyer then said on the forum thread they'd take the grinder and It was sold for the full asking price.

It was a dilemma when I received their PM and I made a judgement on replying to it following the HX gate affair, on this occasion no one lost out as the price was fixed and the buyer asked before anyone else showed any interest.
    'I like big burrs and I cannot lie, You other brothers can't deny'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think you have to be thick skinned to use any forum or social media, because you never know what's about to happen. This forum is sometimes over-policed, sometimes clicky, sometimes inconsistent, sometimes inhabited by people just running up their post count for some reason. And rude surprisingly often. But it's 95% good with good people. But it could be worse, Charlie could make a comeback and fleece everyone.
    I'm not thick skinned but I pretty much fall into most of your other characterisations. You missed a few more - generous, helpful, witty, knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. For starters . . .
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / a snug shepherd’s hut / a well polished 10000 Club Badge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I guess the Mods have lives to lead and very likely do not monitor everything going on all the time ..
    If I felt someone was doing something against the rules and felt aggrieved By that I would place my feelings politely on the thread or find a way to alert those Mods ...
    I have seen this done on several occasions ..
    I don’t let anything said on here bother me any !
    Most people I find friendly and very helpful ..
    Others I view with mild amusement ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes there are a few comments made which make me raise an eyebrow lol
    A machine, a grinder & some beans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

@MildredM You are truly wonderful person ....
    Marmalade ?..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)

Rom is being very quiet. I wonder if he can send PM's but not post in any section of the forum. Anyone like to comment?
     You never hear the bullet thats kills you 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    I'm not thick skinned but I pretty much fall into most of your other characterisations. You missed a few more - generous, helpful, witty, knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. For starters . . .
    I missed nothing.
    LR|F83EV2|Lunar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dfk41 View Post
    Rom is being very quiet. I wonder if he can send PM's but not post in any section of the forum. Anyone like to comment?
    Yes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)

I'm disappointed that anyone thinks anything to do with forum moderation is corrupt

The rules are clearly stated and have been in place for thousands of transactions successfully

Perhaps I could have been clearer in the adjudication - the fact is that Rule 4 applied - there's no denying that
    At no time was I appeasing the majority vote - I simply applied the rules as they were written

Anyway - think what you like
    I was in all day meetings and viewing from my phone whilst commuting due to being alerted by nearly a dozen members of the thread

When I was able to do so I reviewed (due to continued chatter) and clarified further

As for anyone speculating about what happened / no reply?
    Please don't - it's unhelpful
    Sometimes people like to take time out for any number of reasons, or have commitments offline requiring their attention
    Account certainly still live with posting rights
    Advertise on Coffee Forums UK - spaces available now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerryM View Post
    I'm wondering if the op is referring to the sale of my SJ today.

I received a PM from the buyer asking if a friend of theirs that is Coventry tomorrow could collect the grinder.

As the buyer only had 11 previous posts I gave them the benefit of the doubt re the rules and pm'd them back explaining that the forum does not allow for discussion via PM until an item has been sold and that if they wanted to buy the grinder to make that clear on the listing and I would then be happy to discuss the details for collection via PM.

The buyer then said on the forum thread they'd take the grinder and It was sold for the full asking price.

It was a dilemma when I received their PM and I made a judgement on replying to it following the HX gate affair, on this occasion no one lost out as the price was fixed and the buyer asked before anyone else showed any interest.
    I believe I moved it to sold. I saw that the buyer mentioned sending a PM, but in the next post openly agreed to buy it at asking price. No other member comments were made, no one else jumped in and no moderation was necessary.

As part of the moderation team I commit my time to help make this place run as smoothly as possible, not just come on here to browse through the odd post that interests me. There is a lot we do in the background that no one sees, and no one is infallible. We can only go by the guidelines and rules set out when we joined (like everybody else) and advise accordingly.
    Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche
    Output:
    KVdW Speedster
    + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast