Coffee Sensor
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again.... should have known.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Default Here we go again.... should have known.

I was a memeber of this forum a good few years ago and quit after continued corrupt moderation. At the time the mods that were guilty were a new wave of mods and might have been keen to impress Glenn so I gave it time. But my posts (and othe members) that were apparently braking forum rules would be pulled up or deleted. Others doing the same got away with it because they had been members for years while I had only been around a year or so.. After several complaints to Glenn and nothing done I’d finally had enough and changed my password to something random, signed out knowing I didn’t know the password and never came back..

Finally upgraditis got the better of me and I set up this new account to see what was around.. Within hours of rejoining I came across a new ish member having similar issues to what I’d had. Coincidence?

fast forward to last night and I make a genuine mistake with a forum sale rule. I still don’t agree with it along with a few others. I had members telling me what I should do when it was nothing to do with them and not their item being sold. Glenn finally arrived to moderate and at first had the same opinion as me and a few others. Then when he was questioned changed his mind to the ‘majority vote’ no surprise there...

Then...... Tonight I have a look in the For Sale section and someone has blatantly broke forum rules and not by accident, a mod has moved the item to sold so seen the same as I have seen and nothing said or done..

as the lyrics go from a song of one of my favourite bands:

Corrupt, corrupt from the bottom to the top
    And you tell me it’s the law

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)

Shame things descend like this......one bitten, twice shy or is that twice bitten once shy......I am not sure what the op is referring to, or whether he is right or wrong, but if he feels that way, then someone whether publicly or behind the scenes ought to be taking a look to ensure a level playing field
     You never hear the bullet thats kills you 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Please get your facts straight. I never questioned @Glenns decision. All I did was ask him to clarify the printed rules as I understood them differently.
    I don't actually agree that someone stating they'd accept a lower price to someone who backs out should automatically lower the asking price for all but respect the forum rules if utilizing it to sell. Mind you, I'd also respect a Mods decision after asking for adjudication instead of ignoring it entirely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

@Rom sorry you feel you've had a bad experience. It's not uncommon for sales threads to get a little complicated. When they do, mods try their best to clarify in the interests of fairness and forum rules as is the case in your sales thread. It's also understandable, though not exactly helpful, when other forum members chime in and offer their views and opinions as this can lead to things getting heated.
    Londinium R paired with EK43 running Turkish burrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I do see the OP’s point with regards to rules being broken today & the item moved to sold. So many times you see people sending a PM, almost appearing to do the deal away from the public eyes of the forum. IMHO that person should then be restricted from buying that item.
    A machine, a grinder & some beans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko112 View Post
    I do see the OP’s point with regards to rules being broken today & the item moved to sold. So many times you see people sending a PM, almost appearing to do the deal away from the public eyes of the forum. IMHO that person should then be restricted from buying that item.
    Trouble is, in that particular instance the reply PM (if there even was one) could have just been advising negotiation needed to be on the open forum. It's not as if someone else claimed it on the thread only to find out it had sold already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Surely this could have been pointed out to the person concerned on the thread , at the time ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Not my place @Nicknak, I’m not a mod & actually enjoy reading everyone’s journey. Just saying that this rule seems to be abused fairly regularly.
    A machine, a grinder & some beans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicknak View Post
    Surely this could have been pointed out to the person concerned on the thread , at the time ??
    Yep but only if it was caught before he claimed it on the open forum anyway. He may well have realised his mistake of his own accord. I know several forums where sending a PM is the recognised form of negotiation (ironically so as not to publicly show what someone's willing to accept incase the deal falls through) that I don't find it too surprising when it happens here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I think you have to be thick skinned to use any forum or social media, because you never know what's about to happen. This forum is sometimes over-policed, sometimes clicky, sometimes inconsistent, sometimes inhabited by people just running up their post count for some reason. And rude surprisingly often. But it's 95% good with good people. But it could be worse, Charlie could make a comeback and fleece everyone.
    LR|F83EV2|Lunar