The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I have taken the plunge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Picking it up tomorrow morning, my mate is doing the plumbing while I am there so when I come back I just need to attach the flexi hose from the Synchronika to where the plumbing ends.

Getting a 1 hour Barista course while I am there too, which will be good to see what I have been doing wrong for 20 years
    ECM Synchronika - At last!

Fiorenzato (Pavelly) F64 EVO On Demand Coffee Grinder

Bezerra BZ02 - gone, but not forgotten.

North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy Giro View Post
    Picking it up tomorrow morning, my mate is doing the plumbing while I am there so when I come back I just need to attach the flexi hose from the Synchronika to where the plumbing ends.

Getting a 1 hour Barista course while I am there too, which will be good to see what I have been doing wrong for 20 years
    Well done Dougy, keep us up to speed as you take the steps toward your favoured method of a brew 'Your happy' with, it's just like a bairn taking their first few steps .

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the only issue so far ir the fact that one of the braided hoses has a slight leak (about one drop every 2 minutes) where I have had to daisy shain 2 together. I have rejouined it about 3 times now and am wondering if it is the hose itself rather than me just being crap at getting things leak free.

Pre-infusion wasnt working at first, but I reduced the pressure a bit ant its fine now. when pre-infusing the boiers is at 2 bar, however when it is idle it shows about 2.5 bar, is this too hhigh or ok?
    ECM Synchronika - At last!

Fiorenzato (Pavelly) F64 EVO On Demand Coffee Grinder

Bezerra BZ02 - gone, but not forgotten.

North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy Giro View Post
    Well the only issue so far ir the fact that one of the braided hoses has a slight leak (about one drop every 2 minutes) where I have had to daisy shain 2 together. I have rejouined it about 3 times now and am wondering if it is the hose itself rather than me just being crap at getting things leak free.

Pre-infusion wasnt working at first, but I reduced the pressure a bit ant its fine now. when pre-infusing the boiers is at 2 bar, however when it is idle it shows about 2.5 bar, is this too hhigh or ok?
    DaveC is your best friend for sound advice, but my thinking is the lower the incoming supply pressure the less pre infusion you get, so is it the Synchronika you have or the Mechanika.
    PTFE tape carefully used is also good to use, just keep stray ends away from getting into the system.

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12