1920 Caffe UK
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CFUK Christmas Pour-Down 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)

Default CFUK Christmas Pour-Down 2018

Fancy trying your hand at latte art and competing against other forum members with a prize and the CFUK Christmas Latte Art Crown for the winner?
    Then enter the CFUK Christmas Pour-Down!

There is no need to sign up or register or do anything complicated in advance. Simply log in to the thread which most suits you which will be set up for the times specified above. A Magic Word will be posted on each thread five minutes before the start time. This word and your name should be written on a piece of paper and included in the photo of your pour. Your photo upload must be made within the 1 hour time slot.

The first 10 forum members per session to post an eligible photo will go into an online poll. If you miss the cut on the first session due to there being more than 10 unique participants then you can enter in the second session, and again in the third/forth if you miss the second/third.

Participation is restricted to one eligible entry per member. Remember, it will be the first eligible 10 to post per session that will go through for voting.

When all sessions have been completed the polls will go live, running concurrently. Voting will take place over a 5 day period. The winner will be the entry with the highest overall number of votes. In the event of a draw the organiser will cast the deciding vote!

We’ve got prizes! The victor will win a kilo of beans generously donated by @foundrycoffeeroasters.com . The wonderful folk at Bella Barista have donated a kilo of beans too meaning prizes for the runners up! There will also be a forum prize, courtesy of @Glenn and the kudos of being Christmas Pour-Down Champ 2018 and the fun of taking part in this unique event!

In the event of something we haven’t thought of cropping up - we’ll make it up as we go along! The organisers decision is most definitely final!

Last edited by MildredM; 03-12-18 at 06:01.
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / a snug shepherd’s hut / a well polished 10000 Club Badge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)

Please let me know if anything isn't clear! And before you ask, it's going to be a 'free-pour', any style - heart, tulip, rosetta, swan etc! Remember, no 'paint' techniques allowed!

The polls are up!

Poll A

Poll B
    Last edited by MildredM; 11-12-18 at 08:56.
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / a snug shepherd’s hut / a well polished 10000 Club Badge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

No Photoshop techniques either I presume

just to be clear...
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
    No Photoshop techniques either I presume

just to be clear...
    NO! And we will be looking closely

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Will professionals & mods/admins be allowed to enter or will they be getting their own categories?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroc View Post
    Will professionals & mods/admins be allowed to enter or will they be getting their own categories?
    No pros, it’s just for fun! And we are ok with admins, have you seen @Rhys 's pours?!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    No pros, it’s just for fun! And we are ok with admins, have you seen @Rhys 's pours?!!!
    Oy, I'll let you know my pours are barista level, in fact they are so 'posh' I've gone high end and got rid of the cup!

(one I did as an extra for a previous comp..)
    Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche
    Output:
    KVdW Speedster
    + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Oy, I'll let you know my pours are barista level, in fact they are so 'posh' I've gone high end and got rid of the cup!

let alone god level paper choice/refinement.
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroc View Post
    Admins such as @Rhys will now be banned from taking part. Judging from his recent pour it’s obvious he’s been having lessons from a pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

You will be given your own category @Rhys as suggested by @Hasi