Adams and Russell

Thread: Gaggia Classic- Steam From Brewhead When Steam Switch On

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Gaggia Classic- Steam From Brewhead When Steam Switch On

Hi All,

I flick the steam switch and Mr Shades PID shows the boiler reaching 147 degrees and then fluctuating to like 139 and back up again.. not sure if that's relevant..

But anyway, steam comes out of the brewhead while the steam is switched on and im pretty sure that's new.

Only had it a few weeks so no backflush and no descaling yet as I'm planning on buying a full service kit containing all seals and a strip down of the boiler to descale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Steam switch with PID means more steam power and pressure build up inside the boiler exceeds the grouphead's capacity IIRC 1.5Bars. I am used to it and call it boiler fart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JojoS View Post
    Steam switch with PID means more steam power and pressure build up inside the boiler exceeds the grouphead's capacity IIRC 1.5Bars. I am used to it and call it boiler fart.
    You know what's strange, I went to do a video last night and not a spec of steam throughout making a Latte..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes it is strange in a way. It does not happen consistently. Can't reproduce but it happens when it happens.